Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Think I've got a browser hijack? Firefox & chrome have popups all the time

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 noabeer

noabeer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 08:54 AM

Hello,
I believe that my computer has recently come down with a bug.

Often when I click links from a google search in chrome or firefox on my computer I get popups.

I figured that I had something so I ran Malware's Antimalware, but to no avail. So then I ran CCleaner and cleaned my caches, and using CMD flushed my DNS. Next I tried panda antivirus, superanti-virus, macaffee antivirus, and now AVG antivirus.

All have either come up with a trojan and then gotten rid of it, or said I was fine.

I notice that when I start up if I try to do something too far after it has started the startup process, it doesn't always get done. For example, if I try to pull up the task manager without already opening it right when I turn the computer on, it doesn't always work.

Recently, the computer has been stalling and freezing up or not shutting down.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- noa

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MABER

MABER

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 18 December 2009 - 10:34 AM

Hello,
I believe that my computer has recently come down with a bug.

Often when I click links from a google search in chrome or firefox on my computer I get popups.

I figured that I had something so I ran Malware's Antimalware, but to no avail. So then I ran CCleaner and cleaned my caches, and using CMD flushed my DNS. Next I tried panda antivirus, superanti-virus, macaffee antivirus, and now AVG antivirus.

All have either come up with a trojan and then gotten rid of it, or said I was fine.

I notice that when I start up if I try to do something too far after it has started the startup process, it doesn't always get done. For example, if I try to pull up the task manager without already opening it right when I turn the computer on, it doesn't always work.

Recently, the computer has been stalling and freezing up or not shutting down.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- noa

Ok firstly I would remove some of those tools, too many tools often does more harm than good.
Try booting into safe mode with networking.
Run Malwarebytes full scan. Malwarebytes is a great program and it does a good job.

#3 noabeer

noabeer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:34 AM

Posted 19 December 2009 - 07:21 AM

"Ok firstly I would remove some of those tools, too many tools often does more harm than good.
Try booting into safe mode with networking.
Run Malwarebytes full scan. Malwarebytes is a great program and it does a good job."

Hi MABER,
I've tried starting up in safe mode a bunch of times, but this time it actually worked. (usually it hangs on d347bus.sys)

I removed Ad-Aware, AVG Free 9.0, SUPERAntiSpyware Free Edition & McAfee VirusScan.

Malwarebytes quick scan found nothing
Malwarebytes full scan found nothing

After starting up in safemode with networking once, it would bluescreen of death every time after. I tried several times but it always freezes after d347bus.sys

Thank you!

#4 yesvegi

yesvegi

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:34 AM

Posted 22 December 2009 - 05:33 AM

I found my avast virus scan results.

It found Win32-Alueron-EU

When I search google results sometimes it redirects the links to random sites or opens a new tab.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users