And to the Bleeping Computer Malware Removal Forum. My name is Elise and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems.
I will be working on your malware issues
, this may or may not solve other issues
you may have with your machine.
Please note that whatever repairs we make, are for fixing your computer problems only
and by no means should be used on another computer.
You may want to keep the link to this topic in your favorites. Alternatively, you can click the button at the top bar of this topic and Track this Topic, where you can choose email notifications. The topics you are tracking are shown here.
-----------------------------------------------------------If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know.
If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.
If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having
, along with any steps you may have performed so far.
If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.
Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:
- Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.
- Double click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.
- A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.
- Notepad will open with the results.
- Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Post both logs (no need to zip attach.txt).
- Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.
Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control HERE
Please download GMER
from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:
- Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)
- Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.
-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode
- Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.
- Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.
- Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.
- Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
- GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)
- If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.
- Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.
- When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.
- Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.
- Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.
-------------------------------------------------------------Please be patient and I'd be grateful if you would note the following
In the meantime please, do NOT install any new programs or update anything unless told to do so while we are fixing your problem
- The cleaning process is not instant. DDS logs can take some time to research, so please be patient with me. I know that you need your computer working as quickly as possible, and I will work hard to help see that happen.
- Please reply using the Add/Reply button in the lower right hand corner of your screen. Do not start a new topic.
- The logs that you post should be pasted directly into the reply. Only attach them if requested or if they do not fit into the post.
- Unfortunately, if I do not hear back from you within 5 days, I will be forced to close your topic. If you still need help after I have closed your topic, send me or a moderator a personal message with the address of the thread or feel free to create a new one.
If you still need help, please include the following in your next reply
Please do NOT post logs as attachments, unless you are unable to copy/paste a log directly in the reply box.Thanks and again sorry for the delay
- A detailed description of your problems
- A new DDS log (don't forget attach.txt)
- GMER log