Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is "inCD Helper"

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 pounded clown

pounded clown

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 05:33 AM

Just curious as to what the @#$$#%$% "inCD Helper Service" does. In XP Services under the description column it says "Helper service for the InCD filesystem driver (read only)" Yeah, using the term to be defined in the definition is just brillant. DIYing computer repair makes you feel like K. in Kafka's "The Castle". I did Google it but found alot of forums about issues concerning InCD Helper but nothing on what it really is or does. This is just one of the thousand things I've googled in the past few days that at this point I've developed an eye twitch like Chief Inspector Dreyfus and randomly rant "Redrum, Redrum!" for minutes at a time. I thought I'd ask before I get all HULK SMASH PC and christen the cherry 16 lb maul I just bought.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 doinmeedin

doinmeedin

• Members
  • 455 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:59 PM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 06:57 AM

Windows incdsrv.exe?

incdsrv.exe is an Ahead Nero system service set to autorun when InCD is installed. This process is called the InCD helper file which provides assistance with the InCD file system. This program is a non-essential process, but should not be terminated unless suspected to be causing problems.

Edited by doinmeedin, 06 December 2009 - 06:57 AM.

If life is not an option then why are we not given the option in the first place !

#3 pounded clown

pounded clown
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 06 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users