Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes HELP: Apple Application Support

• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#1 sfjonas

sfjonas

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:02 AM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 12:49 PM

Hello,

Recently I upgraded my iTunes to the newest. I think it's called 9.0. Well anyways, since I did that I can't enter iTunes because it keeps saying:

Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then installl iTunes again.

Error 2

Can anyone help me? Thank you! :thumbsup:

Btw, I always have another problem connecting my iPhone to iTunes. But I need to fix iTunes first

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,294 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:02 PM

Posted 25 November 2009 - 07:54 PM

Moving to more appropriate forum. ~ OB

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 12:56 PM

Did you try reinstalling iTunes?....

#4 sfjonas

sfjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 02:16 PM

Yes, I've tried that many times

#5 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 27 November 2009 - 08:05 PM

Try uninstalling itunes 9 and downloading and installing itunes 8.2.1 from here

Edited by xblindx, 27 November 2009 - 08:05 PM.

#6 sfjonas

sfjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 03:06 AM

I've tried to install iTunes 8.2.1 as you said, but now another message pops up:

iTunes cannot run because some of its required files are missing.
Please reuistall iTunes

Edited by sfjonas, 28 November 2009 - 03:07 AM.

#7 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 11:27 AM

This is very odd. We can try using Revo Uninstaller, it will remove all leftover file fragments and registry entries from iTunes when it uninstalls it (use the last option to uninstall, I believe it is "Advanced Uninstall").
I am not 100% sure if using Revo Uninstaller will also remove all of the music in your iTunes library, so be sure you have a backup of all your music somewhere. And Backup your registry before running Revo since it modifies the registry (removes leftover entries left by iTunes). A good registry backup utility is Erunt (Note: It will not work on Vista as far as I know)
After running Revo to remove iTunes, and the leftover files/registry entries, try reinstalling 9.0 once more.

Edited by xblindx, 28 November 2009 - 11:28 AM.

#8 sfjonas

sfjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:40 PM

This is so annoying. It says the same thing:
Apple Application Support was not found.

Apple Application Support is required to run iTunes. Please uninstall iTunes, then installl iTunes again.

Error 2

#9 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 01:56 PM

Found this article. It seems to solve the issue

1. Download and install WinRAR.
2. Right-click the iTunesSetup.exe icon and choose "Open with WinRAR".
3. Once the EXE is opened in WinRAR, double-click AppleApplicationSupport.msi and when the installer window is open choose "Repair".
4. Done! You can now run iTunes normally

Also, I've read that you also need to double-click on QuickTime.msi located in the same place that the AppleApplicationSupport.msi is.

Edited by xblindx, 28 November 2009 - 02:01 PM.

#10 sfjonas

sfjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:09 PM

I read the article and I tried to do as it said. But nothing worked!
I really don't know what's wrong. But I've heard something about that it doesn't work on a Vista, and I have a Vista, but I don't know if that's the problem.

#11 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 28 November 2009 - 04:13 PM

Something someone said in the above link

Kris, I have also heard reports that people had to fully uninstall both QuickTime and iTunes to get it working once again. If you are not trying to deploy via command line with deployment switches (not double clicking the installer), I would send in a ticket to Apple. If you have their products like your iPhone, the support is free. You will just need your serial number. All you need to do is fill out this form and they will call you back: http://www.apple.com/support/expert/

So try fully uninstalling QuickTime as well.

#12 sfjonas

sfjonas
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 02:19 AM

It still didn't work :/

#13 C03_M4NN

C03_M4NN

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:54 PM

Sfjonas;
Not too sure about this issue, however sounds like it's leaving parts of the progs behind even after the uninstall....when you have removed the QuickTime and Itunes, did it still leave any reg files behind such as in "Software" under either local machine, or current user? should be listed as Apple Computer, INC.?

***EDIT***
Also i was just messing around on an Apple site, and found this, this is infact from apple however due to certain reasons, cannot copy and paste the link but here are some steps they say should resolve it..

1. Empty your Temp directory and restart

Windows XP:

1. Choose Start > My Computer (or double-click My Computer on the Desktop).
2. In My Computer or Computer, open the "C:" drive.
3. Open Documents and Settings.
4. Double-click the folder titled with your username.
5. If you see a Local Settings folder, skip to step 12. If you don't see a Local Settings folder, proceed to the next step.
6. Choose Tools > Folder Options.
7. Click the View tab.
8. Select the option to "Show hidden files and folders."
9. Click OK.
10. Double-click Local Settings.
11. Right-click on the Temp folder and choose Delete.
12. In the confirmation dialog that appears click Yes.
13. If you are unable to delete the Temp folder, close all programs, especially those in the Notification area ("System Tray") of the Windows Task bar and repeat step 11.
14. Restart your computer.

Windows Vista and Windows 7:

1. Choose Start > Computer
2. In Computer, open the "C:" drive.
3. Open the Users folder.
4. Double-click the folder titled with your username.
5. If you see an AppData folder, skip to step 10. If you don't see an AppData folder, proceed to the next step.
6. Choose Organize > Folder and Search Options.
7. Click the View tab.
8. Select the option to "Show hidden files and folders." (In Windows 7 this option will be called "Show hidden files, folders, and drives").
9. Click OK.
10. Double-click the AppData folder to open it. If Windows needs your permission to continue click Continue.
11. Double-click the Local folder to open it.
12. Right-click on the Temp folder and choose Delete.
13. In the confirmation dialog that appears click Yes.
14. If you are unable to delete the Temp folder, close all programs, especially those in the Notification area ("System Tray") of the Windows Task bar and repeat step 12.
15. Restart your computer.

2. Completely remove iTunes and QuickTime

For Windows XP, follow instructions in Remove and Reinstall iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows XP.

For Windows Vista or Windows 7, follow instructions in Remove and Reinstall iTunes, QuickTime, and other software components for Windows Vista.

Note: Songs you purchased from the iTunes Store or imported from CDs are saved in your My Music folder by default and are not deleted by removing iTunes.

3. Clean up iTunes installer files on the computer

You can download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility from Microsoft, which will clean up any leftover installer files that may be causing issues with your current installation. To do this:

1. Go here "http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;290301" first, and read the important information about the software.
2. Click the "Download the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility package now" link on that page to download a file titled msicuu2.exe.
3. Open the msicuu2.exe file and follow the prompts to install it.
4. Choose Start > All Programs and then click Windows Install Cleanup; the Windows Installer Clean Up Utility window appears, listing software that is currently installed on your computer.
5. Select iTunes from the list and click Remove.
6. Click OK in the confirmation dialog that appears.
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 if you have multiple iTunes entries listed.
8. Select QuickTime from the list and click Remove.
9. Click OK in the confirmation dialog that appears.
10. Repeat steps 8 and 9 if you have multiple QuickTime entries listed.
11. Click Exit.
12. Restart the computer.

Hope this helps buddy, Best of luck!

Edited by C03_M4NN, 01 December 2009 - 06:00 PM.

#14 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 05:55 PM

That's what Revo Uninstaller is for, it removes leftover registry entries and files.

#15 C03_M4NN

C03_M4NN

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 01 December 2009 - 06:05 PM

That's what Revo Uninstaller is for, it removes leftover registry entries and files.

Oh i'm sorry, i just thought someone had said it doesn't work on vista.... but that was the reg back up prog...

Edited by C03_M4NN, 01 December 2009 - 06:05 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users