Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

infoaxe.net virus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 haakman

haakman

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:29 AM

Posted 23 November 2009 - 06:17 AM

I received an email from a person I know and supposed it was in invitation for a network. I clicked yes (did not know it was an attachment) and received a virus from Infoaxe.com and an email about installing browser toolbars for it, which I did not as they were telling me I had to upgrade Internet Explorer to version 8, which I already have. Now other people are getting the same email and virus from me. How can I stop that?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,443 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:04 AM

Now other people are getting the same email and virus from me. How can I stop that?

http://www.infoaxe.com/faq.html

Doesn't appear to be classified as a virus by anyone other than you and some persons that seem to toss the word "virus" around as if saying it makes it so. From what I see, it's another one of those self-inflicted nuisance toolbars that some users seem to love.

I would try the uninstall process at 11.

As for whether or not your system is infected...by something...I can't determine that. What defense programs do you currently have installed, updated, and working properly?

There are various online scans which can help affirm/refute your assertion...as well as programs like Malwarebytes and SUPERAntiSpyware.

Louis

#3 haakman

haakman
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 23 November 2009 - 08:21 AM

Thank you. What do you mean by uninstall process at 11?

#4 DDL56

DDL56

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:29 AM

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

I do not trust infoaxe, it is available for IE8 and Firefox as a addon or extension, I got halfway through installing it on my Firefox browser, then deleted it. Maybe it is okay to use, as long as you don't include any websites that involve signing in on https and/or performing any personal financial transactions with credit/debit cards, banking/credit unions, ect...

From your link to infoaxe:

"However, even when the record button is ON, websites that require you to sign in with a password (like your email accounts, social networking sites, banks etc) DO NOT get added to your web memory. The contents of these sites will not show up in your Web Memory or be searchable."

Yeah, suure!! I'll just take their word on that...

:thumbsup:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users