Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AsRock K7S41GX motherboard

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Jinjax

Jinjax

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:27 PM

Posted 08 August 2005 - 09:57 AM

I have an AsRock K7S41GX motherboard about 1 yr old. Recently, I turned the system on (XP - Pro w/AMD Athlon 333/266 768Mb RAM, 80Gb HD) and received no POST or anything else (well, the fan on the chip did run). I attempted to run the hard drive on another working computer but got nothing but a white line at the bottom of the screen. If I slave the drive I can read it. My question is do I need another motherboard AND hard drive or just one or the other?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 09 August 2005 - 10:16 AM

I would determine if the MB is still under warranty, if so contact the manufacture for assistance for they will determine if the MB is bad and send you a new one.

If the MB is not covered under warranty, try to reset the CMOS and see if it will boot, after resetting the CMOS it will be necessary to enter the BIOS and reset your settings, resetting the CMOS will set the BIOS in fault safe mode.

Your MB Manual should explain how to reset the CMOS.
http://www.asrock.com/support/index_manual.htm

#3 Jinjax

Jinjax
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 01:17 PM

River Rat, Thanks for suggestions but have already tried them with no success. The makers of the board told me to get with the reseller since the board is now out of warranty and the reseller has quit the business to repair cars! (go figure) lol. Resetting the CMOS does nothing to help the board. It just sits there with the fan going on the processor. Anymore suggestions would be appreciated before I give up the cash for another board and hard drive.

#4 River_Rat

River_Rat

• Members
  • 773 posts
  •  

Posted 11 August 2005 - 06:18 PM

Start with taking all the hardware loose, PCI cards, everything except the monitor.
Yep even the keyboard & mouse. If it will boot up then start plugging things in one at time till the problem occurs.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users