Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Nullsoft directsound output v2.49 (d) Error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 otabnauj

otabnauj

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:57 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:10 PM

It all started last night when my computer crashed. When I ran MBAM and SAS, it quarantined/deleted some trojans and malwares it found. Even before I ran MBAM and SAS, the sounds and audio devices says no sound device and everything is grayed out.

Dxdiag notes: No sound card was found. If one is expected, you should install a sound driver provided by the hardware manufacturer. The device manager is blank, as in I dont see anything at all. I dont know what to do.

I figure the sound device must have been corrupted before I got the trojans/malwares/etc. quarantined and deleted. But I dont know where to find that driver and I seem to lost the CD or installer or something.

Is installing the same specified driver gonna solve my problem? If so, can anyone direct where to download one? Coz I am having trouble finding it. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,819 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:57 AM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:29 PM

Might be easier to help you if we had an idea of what make and model computer you have?

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 otabnauj

otabnauj
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 19 October 2009 - 09:46 PM

Like what for instance? Im sorry for my crude answer, haven't explored much of what a computer makes, physically. But if this helps, its a desktop computer with MS Windows XP Home version 2002 SP 3.

Just trying to figure this out first before I let my brother know (he's into hardwares and stuff), it's actually a family PC so I couldnt exactly pinpoint how I got up to this mess.

EDIT: What makes a Device Manager go literally blank?

Edited by otabnauj, 19 October 2009 - 09:49 PM.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 43,501 posts
  •  

Posted 20 October 2009 - 10:06 AM

FWIW: http://74.125.113.132/search?q=cache:18CEw...=clnk&gl=us

Seems to be a driver problem, IMO.

http://forums.winamp.com/showthread.php?threadid=275456

Your brother can probably solve this quickly, if he understands hardware on a computer.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users