Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 email stuck on task bar

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DVaD

DVaD

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:47 PM

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:34 PM

Hi all, I have been having this ridiculous problem at work. I'll open a new email then I'll close it, but on my windows XP task bar it's still there. It doesn't show up in task manager. I can right click it and hit close, but nothing happens. Same with restore and any other choice I have.

I found a few other threads like this around at various sites, but none have answers. I just figured I'd see if anyone has any ideas. It's not that big of a deal I can get rid of it by closing Outlook, but it's just a hasle having to re open it every hour or so.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ray_

Ray_

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 October 2009 - 10:41 PM

Open Task Manager, Click the Processes tab, right-click and end all instances of OUTLOOK.exe. After doing that hover the cursor over your Outlook tray icon and it should disappear.

#3 DVaD

DVaD
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 59 posts
  •  

Posted 30 October 2009 - 01:45 PM

I can just close outlook normally and it will go away. I'm wondering if there's a way I can stop it from happening at all though.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users