Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows media player does not recognize my mp3 player

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 eboknight

eboknight

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 AM

Posted 16 October 2009 - 09:21 AM

My windows media player is no longer recognizing my mp3 player when pluged into the usb ports on my pc.

I have tried to delete and reinstall media player but my pc will not allow me to do this, is there a good uninstall program available to help me do this or some other way to remove it.

I would also like some opinions on alternative programs that would be good for managing my music and adding and deleting songs on my mp3 player.

Thanks any info will be greatly appreciated.

Eboknight

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 AM

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:07 AM

I can't help you with WMP -- I never use it.

What brand and model MP3 player do you have? Is it a simple MP3 player or does it support video playback, DRM, etc. All this info will help point you toward some alternative management options.

#3 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 09:16 AM

My mp3 player is a RCA pearl 2gig simply plays music no video. I would have no problem getting rid of windows media player if I could find a suitable replacement.

Ebokinght

#4 Capn Easy

Capn Easy

• Members
  • 590 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 01:33 PM

Well, I'm not that familiar with the RCA Pearl, but I took a look at the user manual online.

First, the files that the manual refers to as "secure" are WMA files that have DRM (Digital Rights Management -- the player checks to make sure you have the right to play the file). You aren't going to have much choice with these files -- you'll have to use the recommended software to manage them.

For ordinary MP3 files, you probably don't need any special software at all. Once the player is attached to the computer via the USB plug you should be able to use Windows Explorer to "drag and Drop" files into your player. According to the review at Cnet, <HERE> it looks like the Pearl doesn't really support playlists, other than an "On the go" playlist, so there really isn't too much to "manage."

Winamp and MediaMonkey both have free versions that should help you transfer files on and off your player. Of the two, I like Winamp better, but others may have different favorites.

But really, with a 2 Gig player you may not need much management. Try opening it with Windows Explorer and see if that works well enough for you.

#5 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,443 posts
  •  

Posted 17 October 2009 - 02:23 PM

I have an RCA Opal (8 GB Video and Music). It came with RCA EasyRip its own little media player/CD Ripper/Transfer utility. It was useless (no naming or encoding options). I used WMP to finish Ripping my CD collection and used it to manage my transfers. i also use Winamp to do transfers in Windows. What version of Windows Media are you using?

Posted Image

#6 eboknight

eboknight
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 18 October 2009 - 01:19 PM

My pearl has two gigs internal and an externernal 2gig card, so it holds quite a few songs.
I am using windows media player 11 and I worked fine up until my wife and I separated and after a few weeks I moved my pc to my new place from then on it will not recognize the pearl, but when I insert the pearl and go to my computer I can play songs from it with media player. I dont know if my wifes son my have been able to screw it up I know he was using it hence the new songs on it.

I will give mediamonkey and winamp a shot.

What stumps me is why cant I uninstall wmp11 so I can reinstall it to see if that works.

Thanks for the info.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users