BLEEPINGCOMPUTER NEEDS YOUR HELP!
BleepingComputer is being sued by Enigma Software because of a negative review of SpyHunter.
A case like this could easily cost hundreds of thousands of dollars. If we have ever helped you in the past, please consider helping us. To learn more and to read the lawsuit, click here.
CONTRIBUTE TO OUR LEGAL DEFENSE
All unused funds will be donated to the Electronic Frontier Foundation (EFF).
LET OTHERS KNOW
Cannot run malwarebytes/computer locks up
Posted 11 October 2009 - 12:23 PM
I am here asking this question for my girlfriend. Over the past couple of days, her computer has had problems with Google redirecting her on the internet (which has since subsided). She has also had issues with running Malwarebytes - she tried to reinstall it and it gave her the error that she does not have access to the appropriate files, etc. She runs McAfee on Windows XP and it has also been disabled several times by something running on her computer. McAfee also has problems scanning her computer for viruses. In addition to all of this, it is causing her computer, mainly Mozilla, to lock up and force her to restart. I really need some help to get her computer up and running correctly again. Any information/help would be appreciated.
BC AdBot (Login to Remove)
Posted 11 October 2009 - 09:58 PM
We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
- Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
- Direct Download (Recommended)
- Zip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
- Rar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
- Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
- Open on your desktop.
- Click the tab.
- Click the button.
- Check all seven boxes:
- Push Ok
- Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
- Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
- Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High
Also try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr
Please download Win32kDiag.exe by AD and save it to your desktop.
alternate download 1
alternate download 2
- This tool will create a diagnostic report
- Double-click on Win32kDiag.exe to run and let it finish.
- When it states Finished! Press any key to exit..., press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
- A file called Win32kDiag.txt should be created on your Desktop.
- Open that file in Notepad and copy/paste the entire contents (from Starting up... to Finished! Press any key to exit...) in your next reply.
Go to > Run..., then copy and paste this command into the open box: cmd
At the command prompt C:\>, copy and paste the following command and press Enter:
DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\eventlog.dll >Log.txt & START notepad Log.txtA file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
why won't my laptop work?
Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users