Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

click.w3i.com

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Swimmer0

Swimmer0

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 11:09 PM

Firefox automatically redirects me to a website called click.w3i.com................and i can not access any other websites. i have run scans by Norton internet security 2010, super antispyware, and malwarebytes antimalware. i entered click.w3i.com into my desktop and it brings up a "free wallpaper" website called freeze.com or myfreeze.com. most people i have heard that have this problem have downloaded wallpaper but i have never seen the website (my sis may have gotten on my laptop though.) I tried deleting all files in the c drive with the name freeze.com in it and that still didn't work. Any ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 15 October 2009 - 12:59 PM

Hi,

Sorry for delayed response. Forums have been really busy. If you still need help with this do following, please.

Download DDS and save it to your desktop from here or here or here.
Disable any script blocker, and then double click dds.scr to run the tool.
  • When done, DDS will open two (2) logs:
    • DDS.txt
    • Attach.txt
  • Save both reports to your desktop. Post them back to your topic.

Download GMER here by clicking download exe -button and then saving it your desktop:
  • Double-click .exe that you downloaded
  • Click rootkit-tab and then scan.
  • Don't check
    Show All
    box while scanning in progress!
  • When scanning is ready, click Copy.
  • This copies log to clipboard
  • Post log in your reply.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

#3 Blade81

Blade81

Bleepin' Rocker

• Malware Response Team
  • 6,465 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 AM

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:25 AM

Due to inactivity, this thread will now be closed. If you need this topic reopened, please contact a Staff member. Include the address of this thread in your request. This applies only to the original topic starter. Should you have a new issue, please start a New Topic.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2008 2009 2010 2011 2012 2013
UNITE member since 2006
unite_blue.png

Provided malware removal related instructions are meant to be used in the correspondent user's case only. If you have similar symptoms create own topic instead of following instructions given to some other, please.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users