Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Cannot see my desktop (only my backround). What should I do?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
8 replies to this topic

#1 burban

burban

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 PM

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:01 PM

When I start up windows I can only see my backgroun and no desktop icons or task bar. I can access everything through windows task manager and have run several virus scans which have found some and eliminated some. None have fixed my problem though. Any suggestions? Also, Windows Police Pro popped up on my computer the other day. I have gotten rid of the processes so it no longer pops up all of the time. Here is a log from a scan I ran. Please HELP!

Scan Results Scan date: 2009-10-05 15:48:25.747000
Total problems found: 33

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

System related errors
Errors affecting all users on this computer.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scan subsection: Application paths
Entries found: 0
Entries:

Scan subsection: System software settings
Entries:

Scan subsection: ActiveX, OLE, COM sections
Entries found: 1
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{70F8E90E-353A-47AB-B297-C576345EE693}\InprocServer32
Value name:
Value: F:\School\MALWAR~1\SPYWAR~1\SDCONT~1.DLL
Reason: The default value in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT/CLSID/{70F8E90E-353A-47AB-B297-C576345EE693}/InprocServer32 points to the missing file F:/School/MALWAR~1/SPYWAR~1/SDCONT~1.DLL

Scan subsection: Invalid file associations
Entries:

Scan subsection: System drivers
Entries found: 5
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\catchme
Value name: ImagePath
Value: \??\C:\DOCUME~1\BRETTU~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\catchme.sys
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/catchme contains an invalid path /??/C:/DOCUME~1/BRETTU~1/LOCALS~1/Temp/catchme.sys

Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdAuxService
Value: F:\School\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Spyware Doctor\pctsAuxs.exe
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/sdAuxService contains an invalid path F:/School/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/Spyware Doctor/pctsAuxs.exe

Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\SASKUTIL
Value: \??\C:\Program Files\SUPERAntiSpyware\SASKUTIL.sys
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/SASKUTIL contains an invalid path /??/C:/Program Files/SUPERAntiSpyware/SASKUTIL.sys

Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\sdCoreService
Value: F:\School\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Spyware Doctor\pctsSvc.exe
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/sdCoreService contains an invalid path F:/School/Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware/Spyware Doctor/pctsSvc.exe

Entry: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\rootrepeal[1]
Value: \??\C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\rootrepeal[1].sys
Reason: The value ImagePath in HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/rootrepeal[1] contains an invalid path /??/C:/WINDOWS/system32/drivers/rootrepeal[1].sys

Scan subsection: Startup section
Entries:

Scan subsection: Shared DLLs
Entries:

Scan subsection: Fonts section
Entries:

Scan subsection: Help section
Entries:

Scan subsection: Shared folders
Entries:

User related errors
Errors specific to your Windows account.

Scan subsection: Invalid shortcuts
Entries found: 11
Entries:
Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Biochem 4B.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Biochem 4B.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Biochemistry_Final__Questions-Example.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Biochemistry_Final__Questions-Example.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 4.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 4.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 5.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 5.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 6.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/BIOL 512 Lecture 6.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 1 - CH 1 & 2.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 1 - CH 1 & 2.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 2 - CH 3 & 4.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 2 - CH 3 & 4.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 3.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 3.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 4A Biochem.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 4A Biochem.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 5.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/Lecture 5.LNK

Entry: C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/School.LNK
Value name:
Value:
Reason: Invalid shortcut C:/Documents and Settings/Brett Urban/Application Data/Microsoft/Office/Recent/School.LNK

Scan subsection: User software settings
Entries found: 8
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\doc
Value name: g
Value: F:\School\Biochemistry_Final__Questions-Example.doc
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/doc contains an invalid path F:/School/Biochemistry_Final__Questions-Example.doc

Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\exe
Value name: a
Value: F:\Dr. web cureit.exe
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/exe contains an invalid path F:/Dr. web cureit.exe

Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\ppt
Value name: h
Value: F:\School\BIOL 512 Lecture 6.ppt
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/ppt contains an invalid path F:/School/BIOL 512 Lecture 6.ppt

Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ComDlg32\OpenSaveMRU\ppt
Value name: i
Value: F:\School\Lecture 5.ppt
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/ppt contains an invalid path F:/School/Lecture 5.ppt

Value name: j
Value: F:\School\Lecture 4A Biochem.ppt
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/ppt contains an invalid path F:/School/Lecture 4A Biochem.ppt

Value name: e
Value: F:\School\BIOL 512 Lecture 4.ppt
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/ppt contains an invalid path F:/School/BIOL 512 Lecture 4.ppt

Value name: f
Value: F:\School\BIOL 512 Lecture 5.ppt
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Explorer/ComDlg32/OpenSaveMRU/ppt contains an invalid path F:/School/BIOL 512 Lecture 5.ppt

Entry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer
Value name: Download Directory
Value: F:\School
Reason: The value PackagePath in HKEY_CURRENT_USER/SOFTWARE/Microsoft/Internet Explorer contains an invalid path F:/School

Scan subsection: File extensions
Entries found: 8
Entries:
Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.dat
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .dat under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.dat contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.adicht
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .adicht under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.adicht contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.1
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .1 under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.1 contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.CTG
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .CTG under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.CTG contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.acm
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .acm under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.acm contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.sav
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .sav under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.sav contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.torrent
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .torrent under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.torrent contains a bad path for the value

Entry: HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.rf
Value name:
Value:
Reason: The key .rf under HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-544693099-2737312079-1750252547-1007\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExts\.rf contains a bad path for the value

Scan subsection: Sound and app events
Entries:

Third party related errors
Errors affecting programs installed on your PC.

Scan subsection: Uninstall section
Entries:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 burban

burban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2009 - 04:28 PM

I forgot to mention to that when I try to pull up explorer.exe it gives me an error message. I am now going to run Superantispyware again. I Just ran Malwarebytes and it found nothing. Here is the log file.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.41
Database version: 2910
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

10/5/2009 4:24:54 PM
mbam-log-2009-10-05 (16-24-54).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 123709
Time elapsed: 13 minute(s), 6 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

#3 burban

burban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 05 October 2009 - 05:09 PM

Here are my results from SuperAntiSpyware. It removed all of them, but they were all tracking cookies so I do not see how this helps. There is a mucher deeper problem I believe.

SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log
http://www.superantispyware.com

Generated 10/05/2009 at 05:05 PM

Application Version : 4.29.1002

Core Rules Database Version : 4125
Trace Rules Database Version: 1978

Scan type : Quick Scan
Total Scan Time : 00:29:33

Memory items scanned : 458
Memory threats detected : 0
Registry items scanned : 596
Registry threats detected : 0
File items scanned : 10587
File threats detected : 9

Adware.Tracking Cookie
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@apmebf[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@doubleclick[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@mediaplex[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@atdmt[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@insightexpressai[2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@collective-media[1].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\[email protected][2].txt
C:\Documents and Settings\Brett Urban\Cookies\brett_urban@revsci[2].txt

#4 burban

burban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 06 October 2009 - 11:56 AM

When I start up windows I can only see my background and no desktop icons or task bar. I can access everything through windows task manager and have run several virus scans which have found some and eliminated some. None have fixed my problem though. Any suggestions? Also, Windows Police Pro popped up on my computer the other day. I have gotten rid of the processes so it no longer pops up all of the time. It is blocking explorer.exe and whenever I try to access it I get a message stating that I cannot access the path. I have spyware doctor with antivirus, so I ran it an it removed a bunch of stuff but still no luck with explorer.exe access. I appreciate any help. I cannot find the file to paste from my scan, so I apologize for that.

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:36 PM

Posted 06 October 2009 - 09:17 PM

We Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepeal
  • Download RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the archive (If you did not use the "Direct Download" mirror).
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the Posted Image tab.
  • Click the Posted Image button.
  • Check all seven boxes: Posted Image
  • Push Ok
  • Check the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

----------------------------------

Please note: If Rootrepeal fails to run, try this step: Click Settings - Options. Set the Disk Access slider to High

Also try: right-click on rootrepeal.exe and rename it to tatertot.scr

==================================================

Please download peek.bat and save it to your Desktop. Double-click on peek.bat to run it. A black Command Prompt window will appear indicating the program is running. Once it is finished, copy and paste the entire contents of the Log.txt file it creates in your next reply.

If you encounter a problem downloading or getting peek.bat to run, go to Posted Image > Run..., and in the open box, type: Notepad
  • Click OK.
  • Copy and paste everything in the code box below into the Untitled - Notepad.
@ECHO OFF
DIR /a/s C:\WINDOWS\scecli.dll C:\WINDOWS\netlogon.dll C:\WINDOWS\eventlog.dll C:\Windows\cngaudit.dll >Log.txt
START Log.txt
DEL %0
  • Go to File > Save As, click the drop-down box to change the Save As Type to *All Files and save it as "peek.bat" on your desktop.
  • Double-click peek.bat to run the script.
  • A window will open and close quickly, this is normal.
  • A file called log.txt should be created on your Desktop.
  • Open that file and copy/paste the contents in your next reply.
-- Vista users, users can refer to these instructions to Run a Batch File as an Administrator.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#6 burban

burban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 07 October 2009 - 06:41 PM

Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it. Here is what I got from RootRepeal and Bat:

ROOTREPEAL:
ROOTREPEAL © AD, 2007-2009
Scan Start Time: 2009/10/07 18:13
Program Version: Version 1.3.5.0
Windows Version: Windows XP SP3

Drivers
-------------------
Name: dump_atapi.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_atapi.sys
Address: 0xAA531000 Size: 98304 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: dump_WMILIB.SYS
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\dump_WMILIB.SYS
Address: 0xF8A5A000 Size: 8192 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: mchInjDrv.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\Drivers\mchInjDrv.sys
Address: 0xF8BA3000 Size: 2560 File Visible: No Signed: -

Name: root.sys
Image Path: C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\root.sys
Address: 0xA90DB000 Size: 49152 File Visible: No Signed: -

Hidden/Locked Files
-------------------
Path: C:\hiberfil.sys

Path: C:\WINDOWS\PIF\PIF

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SxsCaPendDel\SxsCaPendDel

Path: C:\WINDOWS\mui\mui

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Cursors\Cursors

Path: C:\WINDOWS\addins\addins

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Config\Config

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Connection Wizard\Connection Wizard

Path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\InstallTemp\InstallTemp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\WinSxS\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1433_x-ww_5cf844d2\x86_Microsoft.VC80.CRT_1fc8b3b9a1e18e3b_8.0.50727.1433_x-ww_5cf844d2

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imejp98\imejp98

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Registration\CRMLog\CRMLog

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB890046\KB890046

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB912812\KB912812

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB916281\KB916281

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB918899\KB918899

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB920213\KB920213

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB922760\KB922760

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB924496\KB924496

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB925454\KB925454

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB928090\KB928090

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB931768\KB931768

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB932168\KB932168

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB933566\KB933566

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB937143\KB937143

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB939653\KB939653

Path: C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB943460\KB943460

Path: C:\WINDOWS\msapps\msinfo\msinfo

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Debug\UserMode\UserMode

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\temp\temp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\tmp\tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\java\classes\classes

Path: C:\WINDOWS\java\trustlib\trustlib

Path: c:\documents and settings\brett urban\local settings\temp\~df73a1.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\chsime\applets\applets

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\CHTIME\Applets\Applets

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imejp\applets\applets

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imjp8_1\applets\applets

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\applets\applets

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\imkr6_1\dicts\dicts

Path: C:\WINDOWS\ime\shared\res\res

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\AuthCabs\Downloaded\Downloaded

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixas\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixdts\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixns\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixrs\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixsql\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixtools\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixas\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixdts\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixns\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixrs\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixsql\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQL9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixtools\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixas\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixdts\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixns\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixrs\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixsql\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB948109_ENU\hotfixtools\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixas\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixdts\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixns\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixrs\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixsql\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SQLTools9_KB960089_ENU\hotfixtools\files\files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Sun\Java\Deployment\Deployment

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\QHEADLES\QHEADLES

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\ERRORREP\QSIGNOFF\QSIGNOFF

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\BATCH\BATCH

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\HelpFiles\HelpFiles

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\InstalledSKUs\InstalledSKUs

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Temp\Temp

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\log\log_425.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\log\log_427.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.1\mssql\log\log_428.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.2\mssql\log\log_300.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.2\mssql\log\log_301.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.2\mssql\log\log_303.trc

Path: c:\program files\microsoft sql server\mssql.2\mssql\log\log_304.trc

Path: C:\WINDOWS\SoftwareDistribution\Download\355f788b6de8a3ec79e9aa172e6317f1\backup\backup

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP114.tmp\ZAP114.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP177.tmp\ZAP177.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP1D.tmp\ZAP1D.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP261.tmp\ZAP261.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAP95.tmp\ZAP95.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPCC.tmp\ZAPCC.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\assembly\NativeImages_v2.0.50727_32\Temp\ZAPF9.tmp\ZAPF9.tmp

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\Temporary ASP.NET Files

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\Config\CheckPoint\CheckPoint

Path: C:\WINDOWS\pchealth\helpctr\System\DFS\DFS

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Help\SBSI\Training\WXPPer\Cbz\Cbz

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Help\SBSI\Training\WXPPer\Lib\Lib

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Help\SBSI\Training\WXPPer\Wave\Wave

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109411090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109440090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109511090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109711090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109910090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109B10090400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\0DC1503A46F231838AD88BCDDC8E8F7C\3.2.30729\3.2.30729

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\D7314F9862C648A4DB8BE2A5B47BE100\1.0.0\1.0.0

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\DC3BF90CC0D3D2F398A9A6D1762F70F3\2.2.30729\2.2.30729

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109F100A0C00000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\$PatchCache$\Managed\00002109F100C0400000000000F01FEC\12.0.4518\12.0.4518

Path: C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v1.1.4322\Temporary ASP.NET Files\Bind Logs\Bind Logs

SSDT
-------------------
#: 041 Function Name: NtCreateKey

#: 047 Function Name: NtCreateProcess

#: 048 Function Name: NtCreateProcessEx

#: 063 Function Name: NtDeleteKey

#: 065 Function Name: NtDeleteValueKey

#: 119 Function Name: NtOpenKey

#: 192 Function Name: NtRenameKey

#: 247 Function Name: NtSetValueKey

#: 257 Function Name: NtTerminateProcess

==EOF==

PEEK.BAT
Volume in drive C has no label.
Volume Serial Number is 2CA9-372D

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$hf_mig$\KB968389\SP2QFE

02/06/2009 01:46 PM 408,064 netlogon.dll
1 File(s) 408,064 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\$NtServicePackUninstall$

08/04/2004 05:00 AM 180,224 scecli.dll

08/04/2004 05:00 AM 407,040 netlogon.dll

08/04/2004 05:00 AM 55,808 eventlog.dll
3 File(s) 643,072 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386

04/13/2008 07:12 PM 181,248 scecli.dll

04/13/2008 07:12 PM 407,040 netlogon.dll

04/13/2008 07:11 PM 56,320 eventlog.dll
3 File(s) 644,608 bytes

Directory of C:\WINDOWS\system32

04/13/2008 07:12 PM 181,248 scecli.dll

04/13/2008 07:12 PM 407,040 netlogon.dll

04/13/2008 07:11 PM 56,320 eventlog.dll
3 File(s) 644,608 bytes

Total Files Listed:
10 File(s) 2,340,352 bytes
0 Dir(s) 32,001,499,136 bytes free

#7 burban

burban
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 03:08 PM

What does locked to Windows API mean?

#8 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 08 October 2009 - 07:31 PM

What does locked to Windows API mean?

falsified files are files which have their size mis-reported to the Windows API. Some rootkits use this to hide data.
============================================

Now that you were successful in creating those two logs you need to post them in our HJT forum Their they will help you with the removal through some custom scripts and programs that we cannot run here in this forum

First, try to run a DDS / HJT log as outlined in our preparation guide:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

If it won't run, don't worry, just give a brief description and tell them that these logs were all you could get to run successfully

Post them here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/

The HJT team is extremely busy, so be patient and good luck
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#9 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,388 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:05 PM

For the sake of continuity and to avoid confusion, I have merged your two topics in the Am I Infected forum.

Now that you have posted a log here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/263295/virus-is-blocking-my-desktop-icons-and-startup-bar/ you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show in the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are EXTREMELY busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Please be patient. It may take several days, up to two weeks perhaps less, to get a response but your log will be reviewed and answered as soon as possible. I advise checking your topic once a day for responses as the e-mail notification system is unreliable.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users