Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

removing HD from Dell Dimension 4100 desktop

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 lmbee59

lmbee59

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:45 PM

I can't find any tutorials or videos to remove the new HD from my old Dell Dimension 4100 desktop that completely croaked and died on me. I've seen the on-site tech remove it and replaced it, but he did it so fast, and now I need to figure out how to remove it myself.... I can't seem to move the drive at all...it feels like it's screwed in, but where??

sorry for the photo quality, but I hope maybe someone can figure this out for me. it's an EIDE hard drive btw. I need to remove this so I can return the new drive back to the Best Buy store before 10/10/09.

TIA!

Attached File  hard_drive.jpg   266.42KB   13 downloads

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dpunisher

dpunisher

• BC Advisor
  • 2,234 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 07:58 PM

Just go to the Dell website, go to support and follow directions. Dell has very good directions for parts R&R.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/rr.htm

Edited by dpunisher, 23 September 2009 - 08:00 PM.

I am a retired Ford tech. Next to Fords, any computer is a piece of cake. (The cake, its not a lie)

3770K @4.5, Corsair H100, GTX780, 16gig Samsung, Obsidian 700 (yes there is a 700)

#3 Swordie

Swordie

• Members
  • 792 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 23 September 2009 - 08:32 PM

See if the case that is holding your Hard Drive is removable. It most likely may not be, but you need to pull out any cords from the hard drive and unscrew it somehow. If the guide posted before is not good enough, (which I kind of doubt), perhaps take another picture from another angle so we can see if there are indeed screws on the opposite side?
Who said I couldn't have everything?

#4 lmbee59

lmbee59
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 AM

Posted 25 September 2009 - 09:59 PM

Just go to the Dell website, go to support and follow directions. Dell has very good directions for parts R&R.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/dzuul/rr.htm

thanks for the link! I was finally able to remove the HD....I had to remove the FRONT panel (where the bays are) to get to the screws holding the HD from behind. Now the old computer will be sold or recycled for sure :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users