Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove AT&T Parental controls

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 atapp21

atapp21

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 01:17 AM

My wife wanted to allow my new teenager an email account but 1st she wanting some type of parenting controls on the computer. So we figured we would download what was offered on the AT&T homepage which was parental controls. After downloading the program we discovered that the software was configured wrong. It had made my daughter the parent and my wife and I the kids. Fine, we would simply uninstall the program and reinstall it. Once I uninstalled it by using the uninstall from the program I noticed I keep getting these annoying popups for everything I did on the internet. It reads "WARNING! Parental Control installation appears compromised!" and it pops up for everything I do while on the internet. Now I thought by uninstalling the program that it would be gone but that's obviously not the case. I tried reinstalling it to uninstall it, and using a previous restore point but neither efforts worked. Now I'm really about to through my computer out the window. How do I totally remove this software? Now for the record it is an HP laptop computer dv6748us with windows vista on it. I use Firefox as my browser and the program came for AT&T parental controls page. Can someone please help me?

Thanks
Giving me the blues :thumbsup:
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:19 AM

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:07 AM

Try uninstalling in safe mode
Can you disable it in any way from the system tray?
Look for the program's folder and see if there's an uninstaller in it
Use Revo uninstaller

How To Use Revo Uninstaller:
  • Please download Revo Uninstaller.
  • Extract the ZIP file to a folder and run revouninstaller.exe from there! (You can copy that folder to an USB Mass storage drive and use it without any installation required!)
  • There are two ways to uninstall programs with Revo Uninstaller:
    Important: Please, try to close the application you want to uninstall first!
  • Select the application in the list of installed applications and press the Uninstall button in the toolbar.
  • Right-click the application and click the Uninstall command in the displayed menu. Follow the instructions.

Edited by garmanma, 19 September 2009 - 10:09 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:16 AM

Not familiar with the program. But it sounds like you would have to enable\disable protection.

I think what you may have done was leave the protection enabled when uninstalling it. If you reinstall the program (1 more time) then disable the protection, or return to default. The wording may vary. Then uninstall it your pop-up problem may be solved.

Otherwise, since it is a product offered by your ISP, they should offer support for it. I would call their Help(?) Desk.

#4 atapp21

atapp21
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 60 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Not familiar with the program. But it sounds like you would have to enable\disable protection.

I think what you may have done was leave the protection enabled when uninstalling it. If you reinstall the program (1 more time) then disable the protection, or return to default. The wording may vary. Then uninstall it your pop-up problem may be solved.

Otherwise, since it is a product offered by your ISP, they should offer support for it. I would call their Help(?) Desk.

I think you maybe right, I mean that makes sense now if I can only figure out where is the enable and disable button is at. Thanks I'm gonna give that a try.
Yours Truly,
Tapdiggity

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users