Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Virus?? Yahoo redirect to l.yimg.com

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Curly_Jones

Curly_Jones

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:02 PM

When I try to go to Yahoo.com or Yahoo.mail, I see that it is trying to access another site >> l.yimg.com << but end result is I can not access Yahoo anything. I am a novice at computer virus-spyware-adware detection and don't know what to do.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Acenator

Acenator

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 02:41 PM

Yimg.com is part of Yahoo (I'm not entirely sure what it is for, exactly, but it is safe).

Have you been stopping your computer from accessing yimg.com? If you are, it is likely that that is what is keeping you from accessing anything yahoo.

#3 Eric RBA

Eric RBA

• Members
  • 252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 03:41 PM

What browser are you using for the internet? Have you tried cleaning out your temporary internet files or your cache? I would suggest doing that if you haven't already.
I would never ask a person to do something that I wouldn't do myself.

#4 Andrew

Andrew

Bleepin' Night Watchman

• 8,076 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 PM

Posted 26 August 2009 - 05:23 PM

yimg.com is Yahoo's image domain. They own it, run it, and use it in everything they make. Perfectly safe and expected behavior.

x.png
Boredom Software Stop Highlighting Things

#5 Curly_Jones

Curly_Jones
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

Thank you for the reply's. I did clean everything but still can not access Yahoo mail or the main site . . very confused. Can I delete and reinstall Firefox and possibly fix it? . . It also does the same thing with IE . .

Appreciate the help

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users