Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

DSL failed to connect!

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nxt

Nxt

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

Hey guys,
Sometimes during the day, or even every 5 minutes or so, my 2wire 3800HGV-B modem fails and has two red blinking lights next to Broadband and Service connections. Local ethernet, user PC, Wireless, HomePNA, and Phone 1 don't do anything (they stay green). But when broadband and service lights go red, a message displays on the web browser saying "Error..DSL failed to connect" and then offers me to "Check my connection" and also "Reebot my system". I am really tired of that disconnecting internet connection because it happens like 50 times a day, literally. My router is Motorola Model VT2442 by Vonage. My modem is 3800HGV-B 2wire by at&t. I have windows XP SP3 and have tried using IE7 IE8 and firefox but no results. I also have a phone connection. AT&T charges to come in and have a look at it even though I pay them every month..ridicolous ...anyways..any help would be really appreciated.
Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Nxt

Nxt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 AM

Posted 09 August 2009 - 10:00 PM

any help please

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 1,832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:44 AM

Posted 10 August 2009 - 12:44 AM

You do know the 2wire 3800HGV-B is a router? So the router you got from Vonage isn't needed. My advice would be plug the Vonage device(s) along with your PC(s) into the 2Wire and leave the other router out of the picture.

or

Turn off the DHCP in the Vonage router. Here is a link to the Userguide for the Vonage router. It is a pdf.

I am not sure if this will solve your issue or not but its a start to have it set up correctly.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users