Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Adjusting Microphone Sensitivity.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Mikazumi

Mikazumi

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 01:04 AM

Well, here I am again! This time I'm querying about my microphone. I have a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000. When I talk to other people they can hear all the background noise and every detail of it, which means if I were at the other side of the room talking quietly, they could still pretty much hear me. This is very frustrating as I become too scared to make a single noise. I have Windows Vista and I have tried to lower the sensitivity with no success (additionally I don't really know how) so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and help me to lower the microphone sensitivity? Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zesler

zesler

• Members
  • 91 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:59 PM

Posted 24 July 2009 - 12:02 PM

Well, here I am again! This time I'm querying about my microphone. I have a Microsoft Lifechat LX-3000. When I talk to other people they can hear all the background noise and every detail of it, which means if I were at the other side of the room talking quietly, they could still pretty much hear me. This is very frustrating as I become too scared to make a single noise. I have Windows Vista and I have tried to lower the sensitivity with no success (additionally I don't really know how) so hopefully someone can point me in the right direction and help me to lower the microphone sensitivity? Thanks.

Although I don't use Vista specifically, check under your volume control. Odds are the os have checked 20+db boost which makes your mic more sensitive so the sounds(by amplifying quieter sounds).
Posted Image

#3 Mikazumi

Mikazumi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 27 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 27 July 2009 - 02:45 AM

My Sister's Boyfriend had a check around for any volume controls but we found nothing to do with any microphone sensitivity :/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users