Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What is DAODx.exe ?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 striderbob

striderbob

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 17 July 2009 - 01:24 PM

I noticed it today and I don't recall ever seeing it before. A google search didn't show anything.

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [RunDAOD] C:\WINDOWS\DAODx.exe

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,076 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2009 - 02:59 PM

Did you try going to the Windows folder...and selecting properties?

The fact that there is no Google info...would cause me some alarm.

Louis

#3 striderbob

striderbob
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 17 July 2009 - 04:51 PM

Did you try going to the Windows folder...and selecting properties?

The fact that there is no Google info...would cause me some alarm.

Louis

Anything specific I should be looking for? The icon looks like a barcode, size is 32KB It was Created 7-14-09, Modified 4-30-09, Accessed 7-17-09

Edited by striderbob, 17 July 2009 - 04:51 PM.

#4 burcs

burcs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

Hey there, I just googled this myself and couldn't find much other than this post, so decided I'd put it here in case other people get here by searching like I did.

Apparently it's related to Asus motherboard software. If you search the mobo software disk you should find it in the "Bin" and "Software/AOD" folders. Not sure which program it's related to tho. Only ones I've installed is EPU, Turbo, and PC Probe 2, but I didn't install the Asus AI software. I briefly installed Express Gate but uninstalled it and daodx.exe is still on my system. Hope that helps.

#5 Clint Arlwood

Clint Arlwood

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 March 2010 - 09:34 PM

Hey guys, i didnt find anything on google about DAODx either except in here. Due to the fact that it is affiliated to the motherboard, and has a bar-code on it, i believe that it is the software that enables displayport content protection (encryption). At least on my motherboard there is a displayport i dunno about u other guys. Dont take my word for it though im not very sure.

#6 qakbiggs

qakbiggs

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 10:39 PM

Hello... I was curious about this file as well. I found this post in the ASUS forums, gives some clarity to it.
Asus Forum Info DAODx.exe

It hasn't caused any problems that I am aware of, but I didn't recognize it and the lack of information on Google made me suspicious. Hope this is useful

:thumbsup: :flowers:

#7 noknojon

noknojon

Retired

• Members
  • 9,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:53 PM

Posted 21 May 2010 - 11:30 PM

The two files you submitted to Virus Total are clean and are SAFE to leave on the system.
The file daodx.exe is related to the ASUS motherboard

About all I can find on this file listing - There are a few listings on Google - This seems the most logical -

DAODx or rundaod = a driver component part of the Realtek Gigabit ethernet controller install package. Disabling this process may result in failure to connect to the internet through this device. (Applies to Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Nic's)

Regards -
EDIT - If you have a ASUS Motherboard , this should be OK -

Edited by noknojon, 21 May 2010 - 11:37 PM.

#8 sandman1374

sandman1374

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 December 2010 - 11:21 PM

The two files you submitted to Virus Total are clean and are SAFE to leave on the system.
The file daodx.exe is related to the ASUS motherboard

About all I can find on this file listing - There are a few listings on Google - This seems the most logical -

DAODx or rundaod = a driver component part of the Realtek Gigabit ethernet controller install package. Disabling this process may result in failure to connect to the internet through this device. (Applies to Realtek RTL8168C/8111C Nic's)

Regards -
EDIT - If you have a ASUS Motherboard , this should be OK -

I too have been looking for info on this process after purchasing an Asus Crosshair IV Formula and have learned it is installed (in my case) when I installed the AMD Overdrive Utility which I installed a month after the ethernet controller. It has had no effect on the ethernet controller at all after I uninstalled AMD Overdrive and than manually deleted the DAODx.EXE from the Windows file.

Custom, AMD FX8350 @ 4822MHz. ASUS Crosshair V-Z, 2 x 8GB G-Skill Trident-X  9-10-10-26-40-1T @ 2143MHz, 2x Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD Raid 0 OS. Samsung 840 Pro 120GB SSD OS. 2x WD 6402AAEX Raid 0 Storage, GTX275 W/AC GTX Pro cooler. Corsair HX750 PSU, D5 Vario, RX360, EX140, Raystorm WB, EK-FB C5F-Z mobo WB. Xigmatek Elysium. Win7 Ultimate x64, ASUS RT-N16, Firefox, Avast Free, Malwarebytes Pro, CCleaner,

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users