Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG keeps freezing up during scan

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Stimp11

Stimp11

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:56 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:28 PM

Everytime I run AVG it freezes up about 6 mins into scan. I have ran Spybot, CCleaner with know problems. I have Windows Vista and have never had any problems running it in the past. I uninstalled and reinstalled AVG with no soulution. Also when I try to enter my email or websites it say's it is unable to connect to site and it say's click here to check for solutions and when I do it comes back that no problem was found and then it connects to the website.
My computer freezes all the time on the internet.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 217 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 07:32 PM

Run a good scanner- Malwarebytes. I use AVG as a firewall- only.

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

#3 Stimp11

Stimp11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 81 posts
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:42 PM

That freezes up , too.

#4 golfdude

golfdude

• Members
  • 217 posts
  •  

Posted 16 July 2009 - 05:09 AM

Have you tred any of these:

1. Spyware & Malware Removal Utilities
  • - This is an excellent and highly recommended software for scanning and removing Trojans, Worms, and Dialers.
  • Ad-Aware - The original spyware removal tool. It is an essential tool to use alongside Spybot when cleaning your system.
  • CWShredder - A tool created by Merijn for the sole purpose of removing the CoolWebSearch Hijacker.
  • HijackThis - A Windows Enumeration tool that has become essential to removing certain Spyware and Hijackers. Do not use this tool without expert assistance.
  • LSP-Fix - A program that is necessary to remove certain files associated with Spyware and Hijackers.
  • Spybot - Search & Destroy - An essential tool to use alongside AdAware when cleaning your system.
2. Commercial Spyware and Malware Removal Programs 3. Spyware Protection Programs
  • hpguru's HOSTS File - Another Hosts file.
  • IE-Spyad - A registry file that adds a long list of known malware domains to your restricted sites section of Internet Explorer.
  • SpywareBlaster - A program that locks your browser from running known malware or downloading programs from known malware sites.
  • SpywareGuard - A real time spyware/malware protection program that alerts you when malware is trying to install on your computer.
  • MVPS Host - A hosts file that will block you from connecting to known malware and adware sites.
4. Free Online/Virus Scanners

Thanks,
Golfdude

America is all about speed. Hot, nasty, badass speed. -Eleanor Roosevelt, 1936
Intel i7-3820, 32 GB DDR3-1600, Intel 330 SSD Boot Drive, WD 3TB Data Drive, Radeon HD7770 GHz Edition, Windows 7 Professional 64 Bit

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users