Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PS_AIO_03_C4400 install error

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Enormity

Enormity

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:16 AM

Any time I open "My Computer", software for my printer tries to run/install. This happened after I had removed my printer software completely so that I could reinstall it, and ran the install program. The program installed, but now I get this install progress bar that times out and asks me to insert my setup CD whenever I try to open My Computer. It also does it whenever I first turn on my computer. I've completely uninstalled the software again, but it still continues to run. Any clues?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 11:34 AM

PhotoSmart All In One software from HP.

You say that it is currently uninstalled...if so, then it cannot run (even though you say that it tries to run) and there must be a problem with Windows Installer.

You could try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility...after reading all instructions for so employing.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Louis

#3 Enormity

Enormity
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 04:18 PM

PhotoSmart All In One software from HP.

You say that it is currently uninstalled...if so, then it cannot run (even though you say that it tries to run) and there must be a problem with Windows Installer.

You could try the Windows Installer Cleanup Utility...after reading all instructions for so employing.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

Louis

Thanks, this worked great. Fast install and fast solution. This program had shown where a few PS_AIO things were on my PC, and then some SmartWeb thing from HP that did the same thing after I uninstalled the PS_AIO stuff. Now my pc is working fine. Thanks for the solution.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 40,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 15 July 2009 - 05:15 PM

You did the work, you deserve the credit...happy computing :thumbsup:.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users