Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 asks for a password every time...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 skiniemini

skiniemini

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:29 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hello,

I have Microsoft Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP3

When I open outlook I can see all my e-mails and everything but when it goes to Send/Receive it pops up a window asking for a password. And it has my Server, User name, and then a spot to enter my password, it does this every time it goes to Send/Receive. (See screen shot below, I have removed the User Name and Server for security reasons)

Posted Image

I have tried to get my e-mail on various computers using the same settings and it always worked.

I know all my settings are right cause I checked them at least 20 times with my host.

I go to "Account Settings" and I click "Change..." and under "Login Information" I enter my Password and place a check in the "Remember Password" check box and then click "Next" > "Finish" then once I click on "Change..." again and look under "Login Information" the password is gone but the check in the "Remember password" box is still there.

If any one has any information on how to fix this, I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Edited by skiniemini, 13 July 2009 - 10:10 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Mysterysgames

Mysterysgames

• Members
  • 159 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:29 PM

Posted 16 July 2009 - 01:53 AM

Your profile on Outlook might be corrupted.

You might be interested in this article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290684
Note: If Method 1 (creating a new user profile) doesn't work, don't try the other methods without support of an advanced user or technical support! Messing around with registry keys etc. can have bad outcomes if not performed by somebody who understands what he/she is doing.

Edited by Mysterysgames, 16 July 2009 - 01:55 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users