Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How do you ever Win?

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 07:30 AM

:thumbsup:

I hope that this Subject is approved and receives the Support it should have.

Please keep it civil and nice? It is just, maybe, the tip of an Iceburg throughout the World, where people are just thrown into Goal, (Jail) because they were selected for it by Government Officials.

Man 'jailed for crime he didn't commit'19:00 AEST Mon Jul 13 20093 hours 16 minutes ago.

Former Vancouver police officer Clyde Ray Spencer spent nearly 20 years in prison after he was convicted of sexually molesting his son and daughter. Now, the children say it never happened.

Link

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/836998/ma...he-didnt-commit

How would you honestly feel, in this situation?

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MishY

MishY

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 09:48 AM

Being a cop and convicted of child molestation, makes me wonder how he stayed alive for 20 years in prison.
To answer your question on how I'll feel if this happened to me, I guess it would bother me alot.

#3 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:16 AM

You want to Guess how many more?

This Subject brought down the Queensland Government, in Australia, after things came out.

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=10877

Edited by Abacus 7, 13 July 2009 - 10:20 AM.

#4 Sharonsthere

Sharonsthere

• Members
  • 175 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:17 AM

Relief. Anger. Fear. anxiety. all of those.

I won't go deep into the debate of false accusations of sexual abuse, as that's not the topic. I'd be out of my mind wanting revenge (in this case against the interrogator). And I'm a person who KNOWS that revenge and the wanting of it ultimately takes its toll on ME.
Nowadays, we know much more about how to question children about this sort of thing and who should be doing it.
I would hope I'd want to move on. And so far, it sounds like he is so happy to see his kids.
intelligence has far fewer practical applications than I thought.

#5 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:24 AM

Yep.

But it is still happening.

In America.

Person acussed has no chance, State will Win against all legal odds!

Edited by Abacus 7, 13 July 2009 - 10:28 AM.

#6 woodyblade

woodyblade

• Members
  • 670 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2009 - 10:27 AM

Some things on this planet just truly boggle the mind with what sort of stupidity can be shown, the term "Innocent until proven Guilty" obviously wasn't on his side, my feeling on this would be just total disbelieve that some people can be so stupid to put someone in prison who is innocent, obviously I would be angry or mad as well but I'd be more dumbfounded at why the judge would sentence people like this when clearly some are innocent.

Just to add on exactly the same thing or similar has happened recently, the person accused is an immigrant from Ghana who was just drafted into the MLS (American Football League/Soccer League) and is fully innocent of the accused rape, the court has been shown evidence that proves his innocence but has still given him a 6 year prison sentence, I don't know if it is me but it seems to be a choice fully on the colour of his skin? because the evidence proves it to be a white male who is the prosecutors boyfriend, so it seems racism is in a place you wouldn't expect.

Here's a video on Youtube where I heard about it, go to about 0:50 on the video until about 1:55 to hear about it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zz1czFXO3yc...re=channel_page

Plus here is a link of the Story - http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=4300383

It truly is a sad story that this gifted person who looked like he was going to have a career in Sport has now got a 6 year prison sentence for something he hasn't done, what takes the biscuit is that they believed evidence from the prosecutor he "didn't" rape who had a blood alcohol level that could have nearly killed her.

I do have to wonder sometimes what level of idiocy does this Planet have on it, similar to the saying quoted in my sig below
Murphy's Law: If Anything Can Go Wrong, It Will, Often At The Worst Possible Time.

“Programming Today Is A Race Between Software Engineers Stirring To Build Bigger And Better Idiot-Proof Programs, And The Universe Trying To Produce Bigger And Better Idiots. So Far, The Universe Is Winning.”

People Have The Right To Be Stupid, But Some Abuse That Privilege.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 27,520 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:18 PM

Posted 13 July 2009 - 12:34 PM

Whats to debate? This has been going on since the beginning of time. As long as human beings are in positions of power, mistakes will be made. Look at the French Revolution, The Crusades, just to name two. I'm sure not one innocent was incarcerated, or butchered then. The system is not perfect by any stretch. But it is the system in place. The possible options to the current system are unacceptable to me. And rife with potentially more and horrific abuses than currently exist.

Is it a travesty? absolutely! Will it keep happening? undoubtedly!

EDIT: For those of you who are Christian, I think JC got convicted wrongly too, if memory serves me correctly.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." — Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." — Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#8 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 15 July 2009 - 02:20 AM

Maybe? This could shed some light on when people get caught out, particularly Polititions??

They think that they are beyond the Law?

Not in Queensland, Australia.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/article.aspx?id=837802

From way back, when the worm turned and people turned.

http://www.cmc.qld.gov.au/asp/index.asp?pgid=10877

That bought the Government down.

Imagine the Innocent people like JC that have been wrongly convicted and executed?

What is that called? I call it Murder.

No wonder so many are against the Death Penalty?

We were taught that one Innocent is too many. That is supposed to be Justice?

Surely not History?

Can anyone ignore the Mistakes, admit that they do, then insist on the Death Penalaty?

That would show a character that is scarey.

:flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by Abacus 7, 15 July 2009 - 02:38 AM.

#9 Zllio

Zllio

• Members
  • 1,107 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2009 - 08:24 AM

Thank you for this, Abacus 7:

"Don't give up when you still have something to give. Nothing is really over until the moment you stop trying."

The conviction of someone who is innocent causes pain and that pain is shared by all. In fact, the pain of false convictions often makes people turn away, because it hurts to look at it.

Zllio

#10 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:09 AM

Zillo,

Many years ago I was accused for some thing I did not do.

Eventually that bought a Government down, in a really big way, because I refused to give up.

Some people just NEVER give up.

Hence my Saying in my Signature.

#11 Pandy

Pandy

Bleepin'

• Members
  • 9,559 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:18 PM

Posted 29 July 2009 - 06:21 AM

What are you exactly saying Abacus 7? I am intensely curious.

Do not anticipate trouble, or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.

Hide not your talents. They for use were made. What's a sundial in the shade?

~ Benjamin Franklin

I am a Bleeping Computer fan! Are you?

Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

#12 Derethman

Derethman

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:18 PM

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:46 AM

As long as government can not be brought to justice for its criminal acts, it will continue.
Copyright Derethman 2009 - All Rights reserved

#13 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 30 July 2009 - 04:56 PM

I think that this says it all?

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/story/0...066-952,00.html

Background to it from 20 years ago and also how rife corruption is.

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2004/06/...6203561685.html

#14 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 06:08 AM

What would people Honestly call this?

Quote.

Botched execution leaves prisoner, Romell Broom, sobbing. (AP)

A tearful prisoner tried to assist with his own death after executioners spent two hours sticking a poison-filled syringe into his body during a botched killing.

Onlookers claimed that US death row prisoner Romell Broom appeared to be sobbing after one of many attempts to access his veins.

After more than two hours of injections, Broom’s lawyer sought a reprieve for his client, saying any further execution attempts “would be cruel and unusual punishment”.

The death by lethal injection was stayed for a week. Broom will face the same lethal injection procedure at that time.

Ohio’s execution laws require lethal injections to be “quick and painless”.

Broom was sentenced to death in an Ohio jail for the rape and murder of 14-year-old girl Tryna Middleton in Cleveland in 1984.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/863774/bo...risoner-sobbing

This is really Sick.

Bloke has been on Death Row since 1984, that is 25 years! Then he get's this sort of a Muck up, only to be lined up for the same thing in a week? That is just totally wrong. I believe in the old Days, when most Countries had the Death Penalty, something like that would have resulted in him walking away as a free Man.

:trumpet: :flowers:

Edited by Abacus 7, 16 September 2009 - 06:10 AM.

#15 cod head

cod head

• Members
  • 162 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2009 - 08:24 AM

If this Ronald Broom character raped and murdered a 14 year old girl I have little sympathy for him.I bet Tryna Middleton cried when he raped and murdered her.I bet her family still cries for her.I wish my country,Great Britain still had the death penalty.Try hanging him next time.That usualy does the trick.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users