Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Microsoft Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB89083

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Nigel Fds

Nigel Fds

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:02 PM

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:21 AM

hi , i'm new here so i may missed this if it has been posted before. But has anyone else used the tool available before ... what were your experiances with it ? so it has been effective for me.. but i would like some more information on it. Seems it was released on the 14 of June 2005

Microsoft® Windows® Malicious Software Removal Tool (KB890830)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...&displaylang=en

thanks in advance.
regards
Nigel :thumbsup:

Mod Edit: I have edited the title of this topic. Removing the registered trademark symbols. When symbols are used in a topic title that is in fact a link. It causes a broken link.

Edited by Scarlett, 09 July 2005 - 07:42 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:36 AM

I have not used this one, but most of the removal tools from MS seem to work well.
Cheers,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Nigel Fds

Nigel Fds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 02:12 PM

thanks for the reply John.

so far i have used it with success to remove
Rbot, Sasser, and Gaobot. No problems as of now. It works quite fast and there doesnt seem to be a need to work in safe mode.. i still do just to be on the safe side..

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Staff Emeritus
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 09 July 2005 - 07:10 PM

I generally scan my hard drive, whether using an anti-virus or anti-spyware application, in safe mode, which seems to speed up the process and unprotect any malware that hides itself in running processes. It is easy enough to get into a maintenance routine and schedule that makes all this simple.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#5 Nigel Fds

Nigel Fds
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 13 July 2005 - 01:57 AM

ummm... good point. I think i'll stcik with running scans in safe mode, even if it works out of safe mode :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users