Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 Amaniark

Amaniark

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 05 June 2009 - 11:00 PM

At first my Internet Explorer was not able to pop up. So I had to download Firefox from my AOL 9.0 so I could at least download IE8. I upgraded to IE8 but now I get the error message below:

Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

What you can try:
It appears you are connected to the Internet, but you might want to try to reconnect to the Internet.

Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Most likely causes:
•You are not connected to the Internet.
•The website is encountering problems.
•There might be a typing error in the address.

More information

This problem can be caused by a variety of issues, including:

•Internet connectivity has been lost.
•The website is temporarily unavailable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) is not reachable.
•The Domain Name Server (DNS) does not have a listing for the website's domain.
•If this is an HTTPS (secure) address, click tools, click Internet Options, click Advanced, and check to be sure the SSL and TLS protocols are enabled under the security section.

For offline users

You can still view subscribed feeds and some recently viewed webpages.
To view subscribed feeds

1.Click the Favorites Center button , click Feeds, and then click the feed you want to view.

To view recently visited webpages (might not work on all pages)

1.Click Tools , and then click Work Offline.
2.Click the Favorites Center button , click History, and then click the page you want to view.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:47 AM

This is related to your topic in the HiJack This forum here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226070/internet-explorer-will-not-open/ I don't know what happened there, but your topic should get picked up again soon. I apologize for the fact that your topic got left hanging.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,463 posts
  •  

Posted 06 June 2009 - 12:04 PM

Hello Amaniark,

You now have a new helper for your HiJack This topic. He says that you should follow through there first. Consequently, I shall close this topic. Once he gives you the all clear and if you are still having problems with IE, send a PM to a moderator to reopen this thread.

Once again, my apologies that your HiJack This topic was left hanging. It was not intentional. Your new helper has already posted to your HiJack This topic and is awaiting your response.

Good luck with your log.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users