Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Media Usage Rights Acquisition problems

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 maki2012

maki2012

• Members
  • 171 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 14 May 2009 - 03:30 PM

I know some people are going to flame me for this, but all I want to do is convert DRM WMA files to MP3 so I can play them on my iPod.
I am converting these files for my own personal use and the originals will be deleted.
*Hopefully* I'm not breaking any copyright laws as long as these files are for my personal use and there are fewer then two copies, one for use and one for backup (EU Copyright Laws permit this)

So now that that's done, on to business.

I recently downloaded Wondershare Music Converter off of Give Away Of The Day (Which is apparently located in a Scandinavian country in reply to many threads on various forums about the legitimacy and location of this site). Following many of the comments, I installed as Administrator and ran it in Administrator Compatibility XP SP2. A window pops up entitled Media Usage Rights Acquisition. It shows the exact same thing as an IE page would if you were not connected to the internet. There is a greyed out Play button and a Cancel button. I hit cancel and this program just displays "Please wait..." under the conversion process.

This program can be downloaded from Giveaway of the Day for another 11 hours until the Giveaway expires. The free version, as far as I know, contains all of the features except for a 1 minute restriction on music lengths.

Comp Info:
HP Pavilion a6700f Desktop PC running Vista Home Premium x64

Pics:
I cannot upload all of the pics (Three, one op the application, two of the message box)
If you need these pictures, I will have to individually post them or find some way to upload them to the internet.

Thanks for your help in advance,
Jake

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users