Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't open Spybot or malwarebytes, update AVG or Ad-aware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 fergrim

fergrim

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 08 May 2009 - 06:35 PM

I noticed I was getting an inordinate amount of pop-ups, went to run Spybot and it wouldn't open. Went to open AVG and it wouldn't update... Same with Adaware. Found this site, decided to try malwarebytes... it installed, but wouldn't run afterward.

I then tried a system restore, but when I click the final "next" in order to get the process on the way... Nothing happens.

I also tried all of the above in Safe mode... but willing to try again. I'm barely savvy, just know a few things.

Where do I even start with this problem?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 AM

Posted 09 May 2009 - 08:44 PM

If mbam won't install or run

Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run.
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users