Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AVG can't scan some files? locked files?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sleepyboy

sleepyboy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 01 May 2009 - 03:32 AM

Ok apparently I had the Huer virus, couldn't get rid of it kept replicated. So I just reformatted the laptop again since I just put a new HD in it and didn't have much on there anyway. Well everything comes out clean ran Malwarebytes, AVG, and spybot. I also ran Kerpsky (bad speller sorry) online scan nothing came up. I'm still thinking something is up. When i run AVG in safe mode it can't scan some folders. Its say folders lock. Some of these are network files so I'm thinking maybe thats why my internet is freaking slow (1mb/sec) it used to be 2.5mb/sec. We did just switch from dsl to cable and we are having some problems with the cable. I'm hoping its just the service provider and not my computers. My other concern is my external HD. I do believe its infected. I'm scared to plug it into the laptop and infect it again. I do believe the HD is infected with the recycler virus or what ever it is. Is there a way to disinfect my external HD so that it could be useful again? Its 1tb and has all sorts of pics of the family along with vids and music. I do plan on buying another external to just store family pics on and a seperate for my media files movies and music. I'm sure there is more I just don't remeber. I'm getting tired of searching through pages and pages of stuff. My desktop is in worse shape but I'm just going to buy another HD since the one thats in it is old and slow anyway. I just don't want to reinfect the computers with the external I'm almost certain its just waiting to reinfect what ever is pluged into it. Thanks in advance for any help I get I appericate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users