Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how to get rid of rundll?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ludachris1107

ludachris1107

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:34 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 06:49 PM

hello. just recently everytime i log onto my computer (rundll) ERROR LOADING C:/WINDOWS/system32/fuvivuki.dll. The specified module could not be found. I dont know what this is and how to get rid of it? I'm also getting pop-up ads to. I dont know if that's causing them or what. what do i do

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,902 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:34 PM

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:06 PM

Helo , have you recently removed malware from this PC, perhaps using special tools?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:14 PM

yes i tried removing malware with avg and malwarebytes anti malware due to the pop-ups i thought by doing that it would get rid of them but there still there.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,902 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 07:27 PM

Its not unusual to receive such an error after using specialized fix tools.

A "Cannot find...", "Could not run...", "Error loading... or "specific module could not be found" message is usually related to malware that was set to run at startup but has been deleted. Windows is trying to load this file but cannot locate it since the file was mostly likely removed during an anti-virus or anti-malware scan. However, an associated orphaned registry entry remains and is telling Windows to load the file when you boot up. Since the file no longer exists, Windows will display an error message. You need to remove this registry entry so Windows stops searching for the file when it loads.

To resolve this, download Autoruns, search for the related entry and then delete it.

Create a new folder on your hard drive called AutoRuns (C:\AutoRuns) and extract (unzip) the file there. (click here if you're not sure how to do this.)
Open the folder and double-click on autoruns.exe to launch it.
Please be patient as it scans and populates the entries.
When done scanning, it will say Ready at the bottom.
Scroll through the list and look for a startup entry related to the file(s) in the error message.
Right-click on the entry and choose delete.
Reboot your computer and see if the startup error returns.

Credit quietman7

Are you still getting pop ups??

Edited by boopme, 16 April 2009 - 07:28 PM.

For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 ludachris1107

ludachris1107
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 19 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 08:12 PM

i looked through the everything section. i did not find it or im not looking for the right file? when the computer boots up i wrote down the error loading c:/windows/system32/fuvivuki.dll. is that what i should be looking for and trying to delete? that what i was looking for under the image path

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 62,902 posts
  •  

Posted 16 April 2009 - 10:06 PM

Hi ,in this path you want to remove the highlighted file.

C:/WINDOWS/system32/fuvivuki.dll

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users