Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

admarketplace redirect

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ghostlane

ghostlane

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 01:29 AM

Ok im not sure what to do I tried downloading malwarebytes like everything ive read recommends to do but once i download it it will not open. So what happend to my computer right now is when i start my computer it sometimes freezes as its logging in now which never happened before. Then when im searching for things i get redirected to this admarketplace thing and i cannot open up any antivirus programs at all and if they do open i cannot update. Please help im ompletly stuck now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Budapest

Budapest

Bleepin' Cynic

• 22,925 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 13 April 2009 - 05:41 PM

Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download DrWeb-CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on drweb-cureit.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
    (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who haven't got it.

—George Bernard Shaw

#3 SusanBH

SusanBH

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 30 January 2010 - 04:16 PM

Here is the log I got after following your instructions. I am a little concerned because after a couple of files, it did not say anything about deleting or moving the files. One of these was a Trojan and does this mean my Trend Micros has a virus or it is listing a virus that Trend Micros has already taken care of?

atapi.sys;C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers;BackDoor.Tdss.565;Cured.;
popcaploader.dll;c:\windows\downloaded program files;Program.PopcapLoader;Incurable.Moved.;
vnc-4_1_2-x86_win32.exe/data002\{app}\vncviewer.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Susan Horr\My Documents\vnc-4_1_2-x86_win32.exe/data002;Program.RemoteAdmin.51;;
data002;C:\Documents and Settings\Susan H\My Documents;Archive contains infected objects;;
vnc-4_1_2-x86_win32.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\Susan H\My Documents;Container contains infected objects;Moved.;
vncviewer.exe;C:\Program Files\RealVNC\VNC4;Program.RemoteAdmin.51;Incurable.Moved.;
TSC_GENCLEAN_2010_01_21_10_18_24_446_035.DAT\data001;C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\backup\TSC_GENCLEAN_2010_01_21_10_18_24_446_035.DAT;Trojan.PWS.Panda.220;;
TSC_GENCLEAN_2010_01_21_10_18_24_446_035.DAT;C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\Internet Security\backup;Container contains infected objects;Moved.;
CouponPrinter.ocx;C:\WINDOWS;Adware.Coupons.34;Incurable.Moved.;

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users