Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't stay logged in to Livejournal

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 carab

carab

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:24 AM

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:01 PM

I am running windows 2000, and have recently downloaded many anti-adware/spyware/virus programs due to a bad attack of trojans.

Everything seems to be fixed now, except when I try to use Livejournal. When I log in, and go to another page within Livejournal, it automatically logs me out, so I cannot view any protected entries (like my Friends Page)

I have enabled cookies and have disabled my AdSubtract cookie/pop-up blocker, yet still cannot stay logged in. When I look at my Cookie folder, I don't see any from Livejournal (or really any other webpage for that matter). I've tried restarting my computer and refreshing my browser, but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Cara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:07 PM

do you have a program that deletes cookies or do you have cookies turn to OFF?

#3 carab

carab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:13 PM

I have a couple programs running to protect the comp while browsing: AdSubtract, Norton Antivirus and Microsoft Antispyware. I'm pretty sure the only one that would block cookies is the AdSubtract, and I've disabled that option so that it allows cookies. Within Internet Options, I have it accepting both first and third party cookies.

#4 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:19 PM

what browser do you use?

#5 carab

carab
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:22 PM

I just figured it out. I had to go into Edit websites in internet options and manually enter to always allow livejournal.com cookies

Thanks for your help though!

#6 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  

Posted 17 June 2005 - 10:24 PM

Thanks for your help though!

Your welcome

I am glad you could get it to work! :thumbsup:

Edited by frankie12, 17 June 2005 - 10:24 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users