Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Iwin games, please help!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 jesseg

jesseg

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:05 AM

Posted 01 April 2009 - 09:43 PM

Some one please help! Its driving me insane. Im sure its something simple. I am running vista, with mcafee virus protection on alltel wireless pc card. When I try to play the free games, I keep getting the message not connected to the internet. I have done everything suggusted by the automated message from Iwin and still nothing. I turned off my windows firewall. Deleted the google search bar (popups) and set Mcafee to allow everything from Iwin. Still didnt work. I thought it might be something to do with Mcafee so I went as far as deleting Mcafee and still nothing. Keep getting that message. I reinstalled it right after that (precautions). I know it is not mcafee causing the problems. I am not to familiar with vista so maybe its something with that. Thanks for any suggestions.

EDIT: Combined posts from duplicate topic

Edited by garmanma, 04 April 2009 - 10:49 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Smithsam

Smithsam

• Banned
  • 96 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 05:24 AM

There might be the spyware in your computer . Download and install Malware removal tools from Net and install it in your computer .
Start scan by using malware removal tools software after update fully. Malwarebytes is one of the best and trusted software , which is easily available on net free.

#3 jesseg

jesseg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 02 April 2009 - 04:48 PM

I already had that installed. Performed scan and still nothing. There was nothing found during the scan. In the past, I have only gotten it to work once and that was when I deleted the google toolbar. I was able to play one of the free games that had not worked in past then. After I closed the game, it went back to recieving the same message not connected to the internet. During the game I never received any popups or advertisements. I am wondering if it might be something with a popup blocker. I cant find any more on the computer. Thanks.

#4 rsiwin

rsiwin

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 03 April 2009 - 01:13 PM

Hi,

If you continue to experience problems feel free to submit a support ticket at iWin.com support page at:

http://support.iwin.com/ics/support/defaul...p;target=_blank

In the mean time you should try reinstalling the iWin Game Manager. The latest version can be downloaded from the link below. Make sure to first remove the iWin Games program from your uninstall program utility in the control panel. Then install the iWin Game Manager.

http://dl.iwin.com/games/iWinGamesSetup.exe

After reinstalling the game manager please check your manager settings and make sure that it is set to connect automatically to the Internet when it starts up. Just click on the Settings button at the top right of the game manager window and check off the top two boxes then click OK.

We have actually tested the unlimited free games on a Vista computer with McAfee and was successful in playing a number of free games. Although we are only testing using the free McAfee antivirus. If you have a purchased version of McAfee, the best way to make sure McAfee is not blocking the game manager is to uninstall it and then try playing a free game.

#5 jesseg

jesseg
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2009 - 12:25 AM

I have tried all of that several times and still not working. I am wondering if it might have something to do with my computer settings, but I can't find it. I am not that familar with Vista, so it could be something with that.

#6 jlea4win

jlea4win

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 12:29 AM

I am actually having a similar issue with McAfee and Iwin. I also cannot get on the internet on certain Iwin games that have to access the internet. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the dang Iwin game manager so many times that if someone recommends that to me, I will hit myself. I have noticed that McAfee is viewing some iwin game files as either viruses or trojan horses. I really think this is a McAfee issue as I have had Iwin for over a year and I had NO issues until I installed McAfee a couple of weeks ago. I tried to get McAfee tech to help me with a go-around to force their anti-virus program to accept the files but I spent 20 minutes with some guy from southeast asia who was more concerned with following his note cards, so no help there. Iwin is no help either, they have so far sent me instructions on how to download games and that I need to reinstall the game manager (insert scream). Should I scrap McAfee or does anyone have any recommendations?

#7 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 17 April 2009 - 02:41 AM

:flowers:

Just a thought to both of you?

Uninstall McAfee and install AVG Free and update it?

Ooops forgot a Link, it is the one on the left.

http://free.avg.com/

See if that makes a difference?

If it works, then you will know where the Problem is for sure. If it makes no difference then it could be Vista conflicting, but you will narrow it down a bit.

Post back and let us know? It may help someone else out if it works.

:thumbsup:

Edited by Abacus 7, 17 April 2009 - 03:55 AM.

#8 jlea4win

jlea4win

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 April 2009 - 12:34 PM

Yes, that worked. I was right, McAfee is thinking certain Iwin game files are trojans. No problems now. Thanks for the advice! :thumbsup:

#9 Guest_Abacus 7_*

Guest_Abacus 7_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 April 2009 - 01:04 AM

:thumbsup:

There you Go, Mate.

Maybe you can Help others out on Iwin's Forum?

That is the Name of the Game!

I am sure Iwin would appreciate input on the Fix, it must be driving them crazy?

:flowers: :trumpet:

Edited by Abacus 7, 19 April 2009 - 01:08 AM.

#10 buffy25

buffy25

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 April 2010 - 07:31 PM

I'm facing the same problem as the above parties,had removed my anti virus and switch to AVG with the link you provided.I had uninstall IWIN game manger too. However it's either the link is broken or Internet Explorer could not connect to dl.iwin.com. I had also used the link provided by you to download the new Iwink game manager. I still can't figure out what is wrong :thumbsup: . Could you please kindly help me to solve this problem? I never had this problem few months back and had DL and played .Record was downloading 284 games in a row:).

Edited by buffy25, 23 April 2010 - 07:33 PM.

#11 ExitiumMachina

ExitiumMachina

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 01:02 AM

I'm facing the same problem as the above parties,had removed my anti virus and switch to AVG with the link you provided.I had uninstall IWIN game manger too. However it's either the link is broken or Internet Explorer could not connect to dl.iwin.com. I had also used the link provided by you to download the new Iwink game manager. I still can't figure out what is wrong :thumbsup: . Could you please kindly help me to solve this problem? I never had this problem few months back and had DL and played .Record was downloading 284 games in a row:).

Disable your antivirus, first. Now, check and see if it works...if it doesn't work, delete your temporary internet files/cache: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/260897 --Now, if it still doesn't work after going through the previous two steps, report back on what you are experiencing. Sounds like antivirus is picking it up and not allowing connection.

#12 buffy25

buffy25

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 24 April 2010 - 04:07 PM

I had disable anti virus and deleted temporary internet files/cache, yet Internet Explorer could not connect to dl.iwin.com keeps poping out.:thumbsup:

#13 buffy25

buffy25

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:05 AM

Posted 25 April 2010 - 05:53 AM

Almost gave up on IWIN games when i try to log in today again to try my luck.Wasn't working at all despite all the help and advise i got yesterday.
Now it's working fine, guess it might be the the Internet explorer problem, It's working now and the resinstalling is loading now:). I will still stick to the all the advise i leanrnt from here.

Thanks guys for ur patience n help, am deeply apreciated:).

#14 everblazin

everblazin

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 April 2010 - 05:42 PM

There's no need to uninstall the anti virus software...

1.Open the Internet explorer
2.Open the Internet options(Can be substituted by the inetcpl.cpl command from Run)
3.Reset Internet explorer: Advanced>click Reset>Click reset> Click on close
4.Close the Internet explorer and then open it once again.
I.Content tab> Ensure Content Adivisor is disabled
II.Connections>Lan settings>Ensure that all settings are unchecked
III.Advanced>Ensure “Check for server certificate revocation “ is unchecked
5.Click start>programs>accessories>Command Prompt and type the following command:
Flush dns:
Ipconfig /flushdns
Reset Winsockets:
Netsh winsock reset(Restart required)
please note for Vista and 7 : Click start>programs>accessories>Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as administrator.

#15 Rhysdux

Rhysdux

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 17 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I'm having the same problem. I just got Malwarebytes yesterday, and now, suddenly, iWin Games Manager doesn't work anymore. IWin Games is not helping, as they told me to ask my antivirus software provider what's wrong. I don't think it's the antivirus. I think it's Malwarebytes.

For the record, I'm using Firefox 3, Avast antivirus and Windows Defender in addition to Malwarebytes. And I have no clue how to fix this. Machines and I are unmixy things. So please put any solutions in the simplest language possible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users