Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

*HELP* Needed with a "0x0000C1F5" Blue Screen

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 ksgtarheel

ksgtarheel

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 11:21 AM

K...I'm working on a Sony Vaio CR300 Series laptop with Windows Vista (32 bit). When it boots, it goes to this blue screen with the STOP "0x0000C1F5 (0x0000000 .... etc, etc ) message. It Does the same when you try to boot into safe mode. I have the Manufacturer Recovery discs as well. I boot through the DVD Drive, and it loads the files, and shows the vista loading bar, but it still comes up with this same blue screen. Of course there isn't any OS disc, so I can't access any repair options.

Microsoft has released a hotfix tool, but I can't access any command prompt or windows boot up to run the hot fix.

What would be your recommended course of action? Or anything else to try?

Thanks in advance!

ksg

EDIT: Yes, I have seen where you can download and create a Vista Repair disc, but it would take a super long time to download on my connection

Edited by ksgtarheel, 28 March 2009 - 11:25 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:17 AM

Posted 28 March 2009 - 06:33 PM

I've seen a fix for this with a Dell that involves slipstreaming SP1 into the installation DVD.
I've also seen a fix that requires a full reformat of the hard drive in order to rewrite the disk info that's causing this error.
I have seen the hotfix, but it requires that you get into Windows in order to do it.

If you'll notice in this article ( http://support.microsoft.com/kb/946084 ) the workaround is to remove the offending drive or to format it.

Here's a suggested workaround (haven't tried it myself): http://www.delmartian.com/nullpointers/Wor...S-KB946084.html
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users