Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PSVRR.EXE

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wom Toyal Rank

Wom Toyal Rank

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 AM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 03:55 PM

HI,

My XP pc has been infected with this virus and i only noticed it was there when i checked my startup entries with cc cleaner.I tried to find it with SAS,MBAM and KIS 2009 but they all fail gloriously.There is not much info around about it on google so im basically stuck.I have edited the registry to stop it running at startup,but my pc is noticably slower due to this virus.

Edited by Wom Toyal Rank, 26 March 2009 - 03:56 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 26 March 2009 - 07:41 PM

Welcome to BC

Update mbam and run a FULL scan
Please post the results
---------------------------------

Please download Dr.Web CureIt, the free version & save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on launch.exe to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All.
  • When complete, click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
    (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • Now put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and UNcheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • When the scan is complete, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click "Yes to all" if asked to cure or move the file(s) and select "Move incurable".
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Wom Toyal Rank

Wom Toyal Rank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:10 AM

Thank you for your reply/help.I did the dr web scan and it took 12 hours,mainly because it asks what i want to do when it finds a file and stops until user chooses.

DR WEB RESULT ( FULL SCAN IN SAFE MODE)
psexec.cfexe;C:\ComboFix;Program.PsExec.171;Moved.;
qc.csi\Documents and Settings\User\Desktop\AutoIt\autodl2\proxy\3proxy.exe;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PrevxCSI\qc.csi;Program.3Proxy.origin;;
qc.csi;C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\PrevxCSI;Container contains infected objects;Moved.;
mas247.tmp;C:\Documents and Settings\gn\Local Settings\Temp;Trojan.DownLoad.32948;Deleted.;
ovfsthbiadmmvxtq.tmp;C:\Documents and Settings\gn\Local Settings\Temp;BackDoor.Tdss.115;Incurable.Moved.;

DR WEB RESULT(QUICK SCAN IN NORMAL MODE)
sprtsync.dll;c:\program files\talktalk\bin;Probably DLOADER.Trojan;Moved.

After this quick scan i notice my KIS is off and has the message "service part of the program was unloaded from computer memory"
OK AFTER REBOOT THOUGH

MBAM RESULT (QUICK SCAN NORMAL MODE)
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.35
Database version: 1904
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

27/03/2009 12:08:39
mbam-log-2009-03-27 (12-08-39).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 72852
Time elapsed: 5 minute(s), 37 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:

Edited by Wom Toyal Rank, 27 March 2009 - 07:46 AM.

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 PM

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

I believe you need to submit a HJT log

Please read the pinned topic titled "Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting A Hijackthis Log". If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next. In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running DDS which will create a Pseudo HJT Report as part of its log.

When you have done that, post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here, for assistance by the HJT Team Experts. A member of the Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer. If you post your log back in this thread, the response from the HJT Team will be delayed because your post will have to be moved. This means it will fall in line behind any others posted that same day.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. An expert will analyze your log and reply with instructions advising you what to fix. After doing this, we would appreciate if you post a link to your log back here so we know that your getting help from the HJT Team.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT "bump" your post or make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

Edited by garmanma, 28 March 2009 - 07:24 AM.

Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#5 Wom Toyal Rank

Wom Toyal Rank
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:33 PM

I will do that soon.Thanks again for your help,much appreciated

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users