1) Web ads continuously popping up (some specifically from admarketplace.com)
2) My desktop wallpaper was changed
3) I could not access Task Manager (with ctrl + alt + del). OS would respond saying that I am not allowed to access the Task Manager.
4) A shortcut for the "Safari" Web Browser was on my desktop...I have never downloaded safari
5) I could not access any websites - meaning I could successfully reach, let's say, news.google.com but none of the content would appear. This was only the case with the websites I accessed not the websites that the virus popped up.
6)Memory overloads and then my computer blue screens and shuts down.
I did some research on here and decided to run "Malwarebytes' Anti-Maleware". It found lots of infections. I ran it 3 times and though it's no longer shutting down and my desktop wallpaper is not there...But it's still popping up webads. In addition, how Safari got on my computer and what this virus could be doing is very scary. Any ideas, What should I do? I think it started on a funnies website (fmylife.com) that my friend visits.
I will posts my Malwarebytes log as soon as it finishes running.
Edited by pdonna, 16 March 2009 - 09:30 PM.