Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware Infected - webAds keep popping up

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 pdonna

pdonna

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:29 PM

I'm definitely infected with a virus, malware, or whatever its called. Here are the effects:
1) Web ads continuously popping up (some specifically from admarketplace.com)
2) My desktop wallpaper was changed
3) I could not access Task Manager (with ctrl + alt + del). OS would respond saying that I am not allowed to access the Task Manager.
4) A shortcut for the "Safari" Web Browser was on my desktop...I have never downloaded safari
5) I could not access any websites - meaning I could successfully reach, let's say, news.google.com but none of the content would appear. This was only the case with the websites I accessed not the websites that the virus popped up.
6)Memory overloads and then my computer blue screens and shuts down.

I did some research on here and decided to run "Malwarebytes' Anti-Maleware". It found lots of infections. I ran it 3 times and though it's no longer shutting down and my desktop wallpaper is not there...But it's still popping up webads. In addition, how Safari got on my computer and what this virus could be doing is very scary. Any ideas, What should I do? I think it started on a funnies website (fmylife.com) that my friend visits.

I will posts my Malwarebytes log as soon as it finishes running.

Edited by pdonna, 16 March 2009 - 09:30 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pdonna

pdonna
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:49 PM

Here is the log...what should I do next?

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.34
Database version: 1851
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3

3/16/2009 10:47:20 PM
mbam-log-2009-03-16 (22-47-12).txt

Scan type: Full Scan (C:\|D:\|E:\|)
Objects scanned: 216957
Time elapsed: 54 minute(s), 40 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 1
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> No action taken.

Registry Values Infected:

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\userinit.exe -> No action taken.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon\Userinit (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\userinit.exe -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> No action taken.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users