Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where to download driver for ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Giovanni Ciriani

Giovanni Ciriani

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

To resolve a battery charging issue in my Acer Aspire 3000 (Windows XP home), I followed advice given in a different website (FixYa):device manager, expand "Batteries" and uninstal "Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery".
I need to re-install this driver now, but I only have the recovery disks. I can't find it in the Acer support site. Any suggestion for where to look?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

How did you remove it?
This is a Windows component, not Acer. Using the recovery disks is probably the way to go. You will lose all of your stored data
There is a download fot it here:
http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-ACPI-Co...13_4-56002.html
Downloading Windows files and components from a third party location is risky business at best
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Giovanni Ciriani

Giovanni Ciriani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:49 PM

How did you remove it?

I went to device manager, clicked on Batteries to expand it, selected Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, clicked on Uninstall.

Using the recovery disks is probably the way to go. There is a download for it here:
http://download.cnet.com/Microsoft-ACPI-Co...13_4-56002.html

I don't get it. Why do I have to reinstall with the recovery disk, if you gave me the driver's download link? I went to the link, clicked on Download Now, but all I get is another web page

Thank you for your interest in obtaining updates from our site.
To use this site, you must be running Microsoft Internet Explorer 5 or later.
To upgrade to the latest version of the browser, go to the Internet Explorer Downloads website.
If you prefer to use a different web browser, you can obtain updates from the Microsoft Download Center or you can stay up to date with the latest critical and security updates by using Automatic Updates. To turn on Automatic Updates:
1. Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
2. Depending on which Control Panel view you use, Classic or Category, do one of the following:
* Click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
* Click Performance and Maintenance, click System, and then click the Automatic Updates tab.
3. Click the option that you want. Make sure Automatic Updates is not turned off.

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,165 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 11 March 2009 - 07:18 PM

This driver is installed during Windows installation, so you may find it on your Windows XP disk.
If that doesnt work, try visiting Windows update website http://update.microsoft.com/ and let it scan your computer for updates. Hopefully, it will find missing drivers.

#5 Giovanni Ciriani

Giovanni Ciriani
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 11 March 2009 - 09:27 PM

Then the driver must still be in my C: disk, since I never deleted it (only uninstalled it). Device Manager lets me Scan for Hardware Changes, and then tries to look for it. My problem is that I don't know in which directory to look (it cannot find it by itself).

#6 loladoesnotgetlow

loladoesnotgetlow

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:57 PM

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

Then the driver must still be in my C: disk, since I never deleted it (only uninstalled it). Device Manager lets me Scan for Hardware Changes, and then tries to look for it. My problem is that I don't know in which directory to look (it cannot find it by itself).

Hi i have a sony vaio vgn-z590 but it should work the same.

I deleted the ISB Utility Folder on my C: Disk and it worked perfectly the screen that was giving me problem was the ISBMgr.exe

You can try tracking it down by searching for it on the C:Disk but first delete its active process first.

lovelykari.blogspot.com
xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edit: E-mail address was removed for your safety. Please, do not post your E-mail address in an open forum. This could lead to a lot more SPAM in your inbox, than you may want. ~tg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users