Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"waiting for about:blank" in ebay pages

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 hmag

hmag

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 01:38 PM

AS I LOOK BACK AT THE EVOLUTION OF MY ISSUE IT STARTED WITH DOWNLOADING MY OWN PICTURES DURING EBAY SELLER LISTINGS. I COULD GET TO ABOUT 30 LISTINGS AND THEN "MY EBAY" WOULD LOCK UP. AT SOME POINT I NOTICED "WAITING FOR ABOUT:BLANK" IN THE LOWER LEFT CORNER WHEN CHANGING PAGES. AS OF LATE, AND RATHER SUDDENLY, EBAY IS MOVING SLOWLY SOMETIMES FROM THE BEGINNING OF MY SESSION. NOW (LAST 2 DAYS) I AM GETTING THE NOT RESPONDING WHITE BLOCK IN THE UPPER LEFT CORNER AND I AM FORCED TO MANUALLY SHUT POWER OFF. PLEASE TELL ME THIS CAN BE DEALT WITH ONCE AND FOR ALL. ALSO THIS ONLY HAPPENS WITH EBAY AND I FIND IT ODD!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:45 PM

Posted 27 February 2009 - 07:50 PM

I AM FORCED TO MANUALLY SHUT POWER OFF

That kind of eliminates it being strictly a eBay problem
Which browser are you using? Try cleaning up all of your cookies, temp files, etc. Try this app.

-------------------------------

Please download ATF Cleaner by Atribune & save it to your desktop.
  • Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
  • Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
  • Click the Empty Selected button.
  • If you use Firefox browser click Firefox at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • If you use Opera browser click Opera at the top and choose: Select All
    If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
  • Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.
Note: On Vista, "Windows Temp" is disabled. To empty "Windows Temp" ATF-Cleaner must be "Run as an Administrator".
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users