Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows time has stopped working.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 glenn.225

glenn.225

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:09 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:28 PM

My daughter gets this error message on her Vista laptop, and says nothing will work. Of course she 2000 KM away at college and I can't see the machine myself, but she knows exactly who to call when she has a problem. I have no clue about vista, I barely know XP. Any suggestions?

Glenn

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 26 February 2009 - 07:34 PM

Windows Time errors are mostly caused by problems with the Windows Time server being down/out of service (or the system not being connected to the Internet).
If the computer is keeping good time, and the error is only intermittent - then it's not an issue.
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users