Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PC ANGEL

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 BBBGUY

BBBGUY

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 04:19 PM

Can anyone assist me with using PC ANGEL or restoring files from a back up file created after a operating system failure?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 15 February 2009 - 11:50 PM

Is it a problem with PC Angel or another problem and you need to do a recovery? If the later you"ll need the System Recovery CD/DVD and the System Drivers and Application Recovery disc that you would have burnt from your programs list. I've never had to use mine yet (knock on wood) so you"ll have to research exactly what to do unless a friend has done it. I'll see if I can find anything out.

#3 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 16 February 2009 - 12:02 AM

http://www.pcangelle.com/learnmore.pdf This might be some of the information you need.

#4 BBBGUY

BBBGUY
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:12 AM

Posted 18 February 2009 - 01:06 PM

Thanks, I guess more specifically, I believe that all the restore files on my computer are on the D drive.. When I try to access the D drive, I get the RESTORE file, when I try to open that to view contents, it produces the PC ANGEL logo, and states Recovery Partition, any change to this partition can prevent any recovery later.. I want to recover these files.. everything in my computer is gone... so how do I restore from this recovery partition??

#5 danjmilos

danjmilos

• Members
  • 227 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2009 - 05:31 PM

You will need your Recovery CD/DVD from your OEM to be able to access the recovery partition. The disc guides you through the recovery without it I think it is a no go.

#6 dc3

dc3

Arachibutyrophobia

• Members
  • 17,784 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:12 AM

Posted 19 February 2009 - 04:26 AM

We can provide you with instructions if you will post the make and model of your computer.
I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member.  Groucho Marx

#7 WSmitty

WSmitty

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 22 August 2009 - 02:14 PM

I am having troubles with PC Angel also. I am working on an Emachine W3650 and trying to restore it. I start the PC Angel with the CD and I get the splash screen and then a Please wait.... with the Emachine logo in the background and that is it.

What can I do to get past it. I would just like to do a clean install with their XP Home and go from there.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users