Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multimedia Audio Controller driver missing

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 plumwitchy

plumwitchy

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:21 PM

OK... I am a complete computer idiot and I have no sound. Keeps saying this multimedia Audio controller driver is missing. This is the code from the device manager: PCI\VEN_1106&DEV_3059&SUBSYS_82121565&REV_60\3&13C0B0C5&0&8D

Running Windows XP Home Edition... not sure what else you need in order to help me and if you do need something else, tell me where to get it. (Complete technical newbie)

Thanks!

Edited by plumwitchy, 13 February 2009 - 10:21 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 13 February 2009 - 11:10 PM

We need to know the make and model number of your computer
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 plumwitchy

plumwitchy
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2009 - 04:30 PM

I can't find the make and model. Is there a specific place to look? (I feel like an idiot)

#4 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 22 February 2009 - 07:23 PM

There should be stickers on the back if it's a tower or on the bottom if it's a laptop
Mark
Posted Image

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits

#5 jeepers67

jeepers67

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:47 AM

Hi Garmanma, I am having the same problem as Plumwitchy.
My comp is an old dell Optiplex GX260.
I also noticed that the DVD Rom drive will play CD's (with no sound of course) but will not initiate DVD's.
Could these two issues be related? How do I find the driver if I do not know the manufacture? and all I can give you is this - oops tried to do a screen capture but can't stick pick ofto this post. Device instance or harware id.

#6 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:20 PM

I also noticed that the DVD Rom drive will play CD's (with no sound of course) but will not initiate DVD's.

Can you please elaborate a little more?
-------------------------------------------------------

This page is for all of the drivers for your model:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

I am fairly certain that this is the one for you:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...tid=&impid=

Scroll down and click on the + by Install and it will tell you how to install it. If that doesn't work (it should) there is also this driver:
http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/...mp;fileid=35214
Mark
Posted Image

#7 jeepers67

jeepers67

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 AM

Posted 02 March 2009 - 03:32 PM

Thanks I will follow your advice and get back to you tomorrow.

elaborate - I should have said that my DVD-ROM recognizes software CD's and doesn't play music CD's or DVD's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users