Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

firewall, security center and malwarebytes disabled?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 fluffball

fluffball

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:40 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 05:01 PM

Well i got a virus on my desktop (Windows XP) yesterday as i was browsing dog food for german sheppard puppies. I believe the virus was from downloaded in background without my consent. The problem is now, I have a heap of problems and i can only list them in a hope someone can help or recognise what this is and how to fix it.

Firstly when i log into my account, i receive this message:

"fxssvc.exe - Application Error

The instruction at "0x01031eb6" referenced memory at "0xffffffff". The memory could not be "read".

Click on OK to terminate the program
Click on CANCEL to debug the program"

Pressing OK, CANCEL or the X in the corner all have the same result (the box just dissappears and nothing happens.) I'm not sure if this is a major issue or if it is connected to the malware. When i'm logged in an error message also occurs that says "Application launcher Unable to load configuration [OK].

Secondly, "Spyware protect 2009" (obvious spyware itself) pops up with the "Windows Security Alert". I know this is spyware, but removing it is the third problem! It also makes a blank white box appear in the bottom right hand corner of my screen stating "Attack from: 156.22.88.194, port 8670. Attacked port: 56043. Threat: BankerFox.A". It occasionally changes numbers and what the 'threat' is, although i know it's spyware protect because if I right click and select properties, it's address is: kaka://C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe/netalert.htm
I believe sysguard.exe is spyware 2009 because when i end it as the process in task manager, spyware 2009 dissappears.

Thirdly, Whenever I attempt to open windows security center or windows firewall, in fact most of the programs in CONTROL PANEL do not open when i double click or select open. The mouse turns into the timer for about 2 seconds then back into the mouse and nothing happens. Even to get to the control panel i have to change the properties of the start bar by making "control panel: show as link YES" selected, even though it appears to be already selected (so i just click the dot again that's next to the option) and then i can open control panel (with a lengthy wait).

Through this entire mess i've attempted to run malware bytes however it reacted the same way as windows firewall, control panel etc. click and nothing. So i tried uninstalling it and reinstalling it, only to find upon reinstallation: Error
C:\Program Files\mbs\mbamext.dll

Unable to register the DLL/OCX: RegSvr32 failed with exit code 0x0000005.
Click retry to try again, ignore to proceed anyway (not recommended), or Abort to cancel installation.
(retry just makes the error pop up again)
Upon ignoring, i then receive another error message the same as last time, but this time mentioning "C:\Program files\mbs\ssubtmr6.dl"
After i ignore that, i get another error, this time with "C:\Program Files\mbs\vbalsgrid6.ocx"

At the end of the messy installation, i launch the program but nothing happens. I've tried changing the .exe to .pif, .com and .bat and it still reacts the same.

I have tried running spybot - search and destory and it scans successfully about halfway, then sometimes an error box comes up saying the system will shutdown in (countdown), or, it just shuts down arbitrarily in the middle of a scan. The system shutdown message is as: "This system is shutting down. Please save all work in progress and log off. Any unsaved changes will be lost. This shutdown was initiated by NT AUTHORITY/SYSTEM" I have tried doing Run - shutdown -a
but it doesn't work for me.
I've removed a few entries by stopping the scan and removing results already found, and there have been a few registry changes and viruses found, one saying "Microsoft. WindowsSecurityCenter.FirewallOverride" and another with "Microsoft.WindowsSecurityCenter_disabled". I've fixed these particular ones, however the problem with firewall and security center still exists. They won't open.

Any help would be welcome, I'm sorry if this was tedious or long-winded but i wanted to be as specific as i could be. I'm at the end of my rope but I really do not want to reinstall the OS, I want to fix this problem. I'm afraid to connect to the internet, but when i do (i use wireless) it seems to be "finding network address" constantly and it never connects properly, thus firefox opens saying it isn't connected to the internet. I'm worried that the computer starts to download malware whenever i try to connect it to the internet. I have tried to research this, and tried a few things (like deleting the stuff spybot found, changing malwarebyte's file extension name and the shutdown -a thing) but I'm getting really frustrated. I only hope someone can help with this.

EDIT: I decided to put down some of the rogue proceses incase that helps either.
GoogleUpdate.exe
sysguard.exe
services.exe - i have never seen this before, but apparently it is "Unable to Terminate Process. This is a critical system process. Task Manager cannot end this process.
jqs.exe
csrssc.exe
PIFSvc.exe (not sure whether it's bad or not)
netsh.exe (only appears for a short while after login, then dissappears by itself. There are two netsh.exe's)
FURTHER EDOT: After doing research, i downloaded hijackthis onto my laptop and got it onto the desktop with a thumbstick. I installed it but when i try to run it, it doesn't open or react. I have tried both in normal and safe mode and it works in neither.

Edited by fluffball, 07 February 2009 - 10:06 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:40 AM

Posted 07 February 2009 - 10:31 PM

Perhaps one if these will get MBAM to run.
Some types of malware will disable MBAM and other security tools. If MBAM will not install, try renaming it. Right-click on the mbam-setup.exe file and change the .exe extension to .bat, .com, .pif, or .scr and then double-click on it to run.

If after installation, MBAM will not run, open the Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware folder in Program Files, right-click on mbam.exe and change the .exe as noted above. Then double-click on it to run..

Another work around is by not using the mouse to install it, Just use the arrow keys, tab, and enter keys.

If you cannot use the Internet,you will need access to another computer that has a connection.
From there save mbam-setup.exe to a flash,usb,jump drive or CD. Now transfer it to the infected machine, then install and run the program.
If you cannot transfer to or install on the infected machine, try running the setup (installation) file directly from the flash drive or CD by double-clicking on mbam-setup.exe so it will install on the hard drive.

Manually Downloading Updates:
Manually download them from HERE and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install. Alternatively, you can update through MBAM's interface from a clean computer, copy the definitions (rules.ref) located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from that system to a usb stick or CD and then copy it to the infected machine.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

#3 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2009 - 11:25 PM

Thank you SO MUCH! I don't consider myself that bad at fixing these things, but it was stupid mistakes that stopped me. I just wanted to add, incase you could ever use this information somehow (to help others like me) that when I installed malwarebytes it was corrupt (the version that was already on my computer, before even i got the virus) and downloading the new one and installing it worked a charm! I also reinstalled with the botched installer about 5 times, making new file names for the program contents. After deleting all these and starting fresh with a newly downloaded malwarebyte and using the extension name trick, IT RUNS! It's scanning right now. I'm just so relieved so far. EDIT: just incase it wasn't clear, i'm still just waiting on the results. I'll post back to finish this up, just don't close it in the mean time please? :thumbsup: EDIT 2: After the scan was on for about 25 minutes, the computer shut itself down. I've started it up again and the scan is once more on, but is there anyway to avoid this? Why would it shut down out of the blue?

Edited by fluffball, 07 February 2009 - 11:54 PM.

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 12:07 AM

It may be the malware or a number of things. If you still have scan stops,try running from safe mode so only the minimal features of the OS are running.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....

#5 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 02:44 AM

Hi, I've managed to run the scan and remove 80 infected objects. Now when i start the computer the rogue spyware program is gone (yay), but i still get the application launcher error, and i still have the problem connecting to internet (it just stays constantly on finding IP address) and firewall, security center and most applications in control panel do not open. Pretty much at a loss, i'm running an entire system scan. I don't know what to do now. Is the computer damaged, did a virus leave remains??? Something is blocking me from connecting to the internet, and from using most of the utilities in control panel including most importantly the firewall, security center and system restore.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 01:04 PM

Hi, you were successful from safe mode? Good but MBam is stronger in normal. I just wanted it to at least run.
RERUN MBAM

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot into normal mode .

Now we run SAS (from Safe Mode)
From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.
Click the Empty Selected button.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

Please ask any needed questions,post log and Let us know how the PC is running now.

Edited by boopme, 08 February 2009 - 01:05 PM.

#7 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2009 - 11:23 PM

I'm sorry if i was unclear before. Before, i meant to say that i managed to run and complete the scan in normal mode but i was still having the issues. I manually updated it before aswell with the thumbstick, i'm not sure if i need to update again but it says (in Update tab)
Date: 2/6/2009
Database version: 1736
Fingerprints loaded: 70649

Is this properly updated? Note: i can not update any program on the computer, as the internet access is blocked by the virus. I can, however, download a specific file and bring it on with a thumbdrive. I just don't know what that file is in most cases. Before i proceed with the SUPERantispyware, i already think i won't be able to update it when it gets onto my computer. Is there a way around this hurdle first?

EDIT: Well i know you are very busy, helping all the clueless people like me, so i'll put the logs of malwarebyte scan in anyway since i need to give you something to work with. But i have to say, it's not neat to put the one 'log file' on because i've actually scanned about 3 times since i posted the last successful scan post! I guess i'll have to post them all. Sorry for any trouble this has caused. (I noticed even after my first successful scan which removed 80, there were still some viruses picked up in later scans! This pesky "seneka" might be the problem). Here they are(i actually included one i had done prior, on the 5th. I can't remember it, but i must've had a problem then. I thought it might be helpful to see if something is recurring, but if it isn't important then just ignore it.) I have the first successful one till the one i did just before this post (well, the first one was yesterday and today is monday [Australia])
THIS IS THE ONE FROM THE 5TH, BEFORE MAJOR PROBLEMS STARTED. IGNORE IT IF YOU NEED/WANT TO

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.26
Database version: 1103
Windows 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2

5/02/2009 6:56:37 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-05 (18-56-37).txt

Scan type: Quick Scan
Objects scanned: 74885
Time elapsed: 24 minute(s), 51 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
Memory Modules Infected: 2
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 1
Registry Data Items Infected: 4
Folders Infected: 0
Files Infected: 38

Memory Processes Infected:
(No malicious items detected)

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmJYRk.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00B9040.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{b141e8ff-5e79-4572-b046-3a44570e1280} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{b141e8ff-5e79-4572-b046-3a44570e1280} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{e5e82987-a14b-4409-b110-e22d752ae22c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{e5e82987-a14b-4409-b110-e22d752ae22c} (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Juan (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MS Track System (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\FCOVM (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\RemoveRP (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Values Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\ec90bc62 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Registry Data Items Infected:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Notification Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\opnmjyrk -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\LSA\Authentication Packages (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\opnmjyrk -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: c:\windows\system32\__c00b9040.dat -> Delete on reboot.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs (Trojan.Agent) -> Data: system32\__c00b9040.dat -> Delete on reboot.

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\opnmJYRk.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kRYJmnpo.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\kRYJmnpo.ini2 (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qkqern.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fdhqwgkn.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\nkgwqhdf.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jdocprft.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tfrpcodj.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pciupmma.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ammpuicp.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\pgiohaxj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\jxahoigp.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rwaoefju.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ujfeoawr.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rwjwuxfv.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vfxuwjwr.ini (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gjuqujwf.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\qomlybbj.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lrtpel.dll (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\upd105320[1] (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\upd105320[2] (Trojan.Vundo.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mcrh.tmp (Malware.Trace) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\winupdates.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c001C5BB.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c003564.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0039298.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0068794.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c0071F4D.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c009643C.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00B8083.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00B9040.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00B9408.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00C4EF1.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00EBD6C.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\__c00EC126.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rqRIxxuT.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\efcCrPhi.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\vtUnlkKa.dll (Trojan.vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

---
8/02/2009 4:05:36 PM

---

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware 1.33

8/02/2009 4:05:36 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-08 (16-05-36).txt

Objects scanned: 93479
Time elapsed: 15 minute(s), 16 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 1
Memory Modules Infected: 1
Registry Keys Infected: 8
Registry Values Infected: 14
Registry Data Items Infected: 2
Folders Infected: 1
Files Infected: 46

C:\WINDOWS\services.exe (Backdoor.ProRat) -> Unloaded process successfully.

Memory Modules Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsfd83jfdg.dll (Trojan.Downloader) -> Delete on reboot.

Registry Keys Infected:
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c8955} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c8955} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Browser Helper Objects\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c8955} (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{d9a7b3b6-1f8a-4cf9-a20c-bdf427dbdb4a} (Spyware.Banker) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Ext\Stats\{8fcdf9d9-a28b-480f-8c3d-581f119a8ab8} (Adware.180Solutions) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\contim (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\rdfa (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Image File Execution Options\Explorer.exe (Security.Hijack) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\SharedTaskScheduler\{c5bf49a2-94f3-42bd-f434-3604812c8955} (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\sysguard (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\services (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\services (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\tjywnwka.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\egexuyeg (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\MSServer (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\jsf8uiw3jnjgffght (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\jsf8uiw3jnjgffght (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\Jnskdfmf9eldfd (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\services (Backdoor.ProRat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\services (Backdoor.ProRat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\services (Backdoor.ProRat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\Run\services (Backdoor.ProRat) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\DisableRegistryTools (Hijack.Regedit) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer\NoFolderOptions (Hijack.FolderOptions) -> Bad: (1) Good: (0) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Folders Infected:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hsfd83jfdg.dll (Trojan.Zlob.H) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\sysguard.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\services.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert.H) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\tjywnwka.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cepkxo.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\fjfrnn.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\gsyuyouq.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\hpyhxvys.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\iehelper.dll (Trojan.BHO) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\mkhyantl.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\tujbhayg.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\yhrrpist.dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\rdl17.tmp (Trojan.Hiloti) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\TDSS5ebe.tmp (Trojan.TDSS) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\aasuper0[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\cntr[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\is160357[1].exe (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\islre[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\kb678031[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\13CYX8I0\nddaa[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1SBPZ0MT\cntr[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1SBPZ0MT\qjgguh[1].htm (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\1SBPZ0MT\t655[1].dll (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\aasuper2[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\cntr[2] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\dnxkllz[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\kb20010911[1] (Trojan.LowZones) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\kb678031[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\DHCYU7LX\vbclmznn[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P31LLCUE\cntr[2] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P31LLCUE\hrobc[1].htm (Trojan.TinyDownloader705) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P31LLCUE\is163561[1].exe (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P31LLCUE\kb678031[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\P31LLCUE\nd82m0[1] (Trojan.Vundo) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Desktop\FlashMute_2.exe (Adware.BetterInternet) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Common\svchost.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Otefo.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\5192.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\winlognn.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\actcontroller.exe (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\csrssc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\.tt3E.tmp.exe (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\.tt11.tmp.vbs (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\.tt1B.tmp.vbs (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\Documents and Settings\DavidD\Local Settings\Temp\.tt3B.tmp.vbs (Trojan.FakeAlert) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\Temp\csrssc.exe (Trojan.Downloader) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

8/02/2009 4:37:24 PM

8/02/2009 4:37:24 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-08 (16-37-24).txt

Objects scanned: 91982
Time elapsed: 26 minute(s), 24 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 5

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\senekaadpbnmdj.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\senekadmtnbmcy.dat (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\senekaphempmex.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\senekaxjcbepfq.dll (Trojan.Agent) -> Delete on reboot.
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\senekaylksrrvk.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

the one from today --

9/02/2009 3:50:24 PM
mbam-log-2009-02-09 (15-50-24).txt

Objects scanned: 91787
Time elapsed: 26 minute(s), 15 second(s)

Memory Modules Infected: 0
Registry Keys Infected: 0
Registry Values Infected: 0
Registry Data Items Infected: 0
Files Infected: 1

Memory Modules Infected:

Registry Keys Infected:

Folders Infected:

Files Infected:
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\seneka.sys (Trojan.Agent) -> Quarantined and deleted successfully.

Also another note, i have tried connecting to the internet after the major scan and i have the suspicion that there's still something lurking on my system that may be downloading when i attempt to connect. It could explain seneka which seems to have appeared out of nowhere. When i attempted to connect, it would be "searching for network address" or Ip address infinitely, and nothing seemed to be connected i.e. virus updaters, firefox etc.

Edited by fluffball, 09 February 2009 - 12:17 AM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hi,thanks for all the logs. They lead me to suspect a TDDS infection. So I want to run SDFix and Update MBam @ 1742 now.

Please print out and follow these instructions: "How to use SDFix". <- This program is for Windows 2000/XP ONLY.
When using this tool, you must use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights"
  • Disconnect from the Internet and temporarily disable your anti-virus, script blocking and any real time protection programs before performing a scan.
  • When done, the SDFix report log will open in notepad and automatically be saved in the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
  • If SDFix is unable to run after rebooting from Safe Mode, run SDFix in either Mode, and type F, then press Enter for it to finish the final stage and produce the report.
  • Please copy and paste the contents of Report.txt in your next reply.
  • Be sure to renable you anti-virus and and other security programs before connecting to the Internet.
-- If the computer has been infected with the VirusAlert! malware warning from the clock and the Start Menu icons or drives are not visible, open the SDFix folder, right-click on either the XP_VirusAlert_Repair.inf or W2K VirusAlert_Repair.inf (depending on your version of Windows) and select Install from the Context menu. Then reboot to apply the changes.

RERUN MBAM

Open MBAM in normal mode and click Update tab, select Check for Updates,when done
click Scanner tab,select Quick scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot.

#9 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:15 AM

Hi i followed the instructions, but i had problems when i tried to run it :thumbsup: (i'm talking about SDFix)

So it's going smoothly, i've gone in safe mode, ran the .bat file, internet is off and all security off, and the blue screen comes up with the disclaimer so i press Y then enter.

It seems to be going normally for about 10 seconds, then, new text on the line appears that says

The system cannot find the file specified.

The message appears 3 times, in a listed row like this:

And that little "The system cannot find the file specified." sign appears for maybe 1 second then the SDFix screen closes/dissappears and i'm left with a black screen. I ctrl+alt+del and turn on explore.exe and as i do, in a split second two .exe processes show up on task manager then dissappear. They are:
dwwin.exe
verclsid.exe

But they dissappear quickly. It took me about 10 goes to read it. I retried using SDFix but it did the same thing. Help please!!!
(side note: In theory, after i run SDFix successfully, should i be able to access internet and thus update maware bytes? I wasn't sure on how to update it if i had no internet.

ALSO i read a post from someone who has similar problems as me, and you are helping them so i see the similarities, except i have not run the superspyware scanner or ATFcleaner yet, could this be the problem? I was going to but i wasn't sure if i should since there was a mix up of understandings of what mode i ran Malwarebytes in.

Edited by fluffball, 10 February 2009 - 01:20 AM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 01:23 PM

Ok then we'll hold back a second on SDFix. I wanted to run it first as it directly attacks that malware but it wants to play this way.

From your regular user account..
Download Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware , Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..
DO NOT run yet.
Open SUPER from icon and install and Update it
Under Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):
Close browsers before scanning.
Scan for tracking cookies.
Terminate memory threats before quarantining
Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.

Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to enter safe mode(XP)
Using the F8 Method
Restart your computer.
When the machine first starts again it will generally list some equipment that is installed in your machine, amount of memory, hard drives installed etc. At this point you should gently tap the F8 key repeatedly until you are presented with a Windows XP Advanced Options menu.
Select the option for Safe Mode using the arrow keys.
Then press enter on your keyboard to boot into Safe Mode

Double-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.
Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.

If you use Firefox or Opera browser click that browser at the top and choose: Select All
If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.
Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program

NOW Scan with SUPER
Open from the desktop icon or the program Files list
On the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.
Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.
Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.
If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.

To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.
Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.
Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.
If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log.
A text file will open in your default text editor.
Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.
Click Close to exit the program.

RUN MBAM

click Scanner tab,select FULL scan and scan.
After scan click Remove Selected, Post new scan log and Reboot.

Edited by boopme, 10 February 2009 - 01:25 PM.

#11 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 03:57 PM

I tried installing SUPERantispyware but when i click the installer an installer bar pops up for about a split second then dissappears. I wasn't sure if it had actually installed or not, so i checked my program files but it wasn't there. Is the virus blocking it? I haven't tried the cleaner yet.

#12 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 61,905 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 04:06 PM

We need to run HJT.
Please follow this guide. go and do steps 6 and 7 ,, Preparation Guide For Use Before Using Hijackthis. Then go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post that complete log.

Let me know it it went OK !

#13 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 10 February 2009 - 11:36 PM

I ran it, but the reports were absolutely empty! I ran it in normal mode. I'm going to post the reports on the board you gave me, but i don't think it worked :thumbsup:

I remember it saying It "can not find" file at something temp LOCALE during the scan. The scan lasted about 10 seconds.

If it helps, i posted the report here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic202495.html

Edited by fluffball, 10 February 2009 - 11:43 PM.

#14 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 33,390 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:35 PM

I'm going to go ahead and delete that topic fluffball since, as you correctly stated, the logs are blank.

Since DDS didn't work, try this:

Download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.
Note: You will need to run this tool while connected to the Internet so it can download HijackThis if it is not located on your system. If you get a warning from your firewall or other security programs regarding Rist attempting to contact the Internet, please allow the connection.
  • Close all applications and windows so that you have nothing open and are at your Desktop.
  • Double-click on RSIT.exe to start the program.
  • If using Windows Vista, be sure to Run As Administrator.
  • Click Continue after reading the disclaimer screen.
  • Leave the drop down box set to default: "List/folders created or modified in the last 1 month (30 days).
  • When the scan is complete, a text file named log.txt will automatically open in Notepad.
  • Please start a new topic and post your log in the HijackThis Logs and Malware Removal forum, NOT here.
  • Be sure to mention that you tried to follow the Prep Guide but were unable to get DDS to run.
If RSIT did not work, then reply back here.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SuperAntiSpyware, SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#15 fluffball

fluffball
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 11 February 2009 - 11:24 PM

Sorry blossom but the infected machine has no connection to the internet (it is wireless and when i turn the connection on it is stuck on 'finding ip address' infinitely. Webpages do not load and virus protection can not update. If it helps to know, i've downloaded hijack this to my computer already and installed it onto infected machine (via thumbstick), but when i try to run it nothing happens (i.e. the mouse turns into the hourglass for maybe 4 seconds then goes back to the mouse and it never loads).
EDIT: should i download it and put it on and try it on the machine anyway?

EDIT: I realised i should, and i used the program and this is what happened:

The "Writing header information" loading bar comes up, but it doesn't load and an error comes.

Autolt Error

Line -1:

Error: Variable used without being declared.

( i press OK , as its the only option) then the program shuts.

Edited by fluffball, 11 February 2009 - 11:50 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users