Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

how do I make sure the hard drive is properly configured and terminated

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 helpm

helpm

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:43 PM

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:37 AM

I got a blue screen that said a problem was detected and windows was shut down to prevent damage. It had a list of instructions on what to do if this was the first time it happened. One of the instructions was to make sure that the hard drive is properly configured and terminated. How do I do this? (BTW, when I restarted, I was given the option to run Start Repair. I ran it. I was given the option to run System Restore, but I didn't. The system restarted fine when Start Repair finished running.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped, new avatar (a camel) :0)

• Members
  • 16,690 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2009 - 10:57 AM

If this is the first BSOD you've encountered the best thing to do is to leave it alone.
Chances are that Windows has fixed the issue and you won't be bothered by it again.

In the event that it isn't fixed, then you can do some troubleshooting.
You can also use this link to troubleshoot the BSOD to see what has happened. Just paste the results here for us to have a look at.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/176011/how-to-receive-help-diagnosing-blue-screens-and-windows-crashes/
- John
**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **

#3 helpm

helpm
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2009 - 08:15 AM

Okay. Thanks for your help. (Hopefully, it won't happen again.)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users