Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to type Japanese Hiragana using Microsoft Word?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 HawaiianStyle

HawaiianStyle

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 12:50 PM

How do you type Japanese Hiragana in Microsoft Word? I downloaded the Global IME tool so I could do so. I can type just fine in Katakana, however when I try typing in Hiragana the characters come up in a bar on the left side and when I hit enter, they come out as question marks.

This is a picture of what it looks like when I type in Hiragana:
http://img392.imageshack.us/my.php?image=japaa6.jpg

This is a picture of what it looks like when I hit enter
http://img234.imageshack.us/my.php?image=jap2jx5.jpg

Please help me ASAP! I don't know whether there's something wrong with my computer or I just have to adjust a certain setting.

Edited by HawaiianStyle, 30 January 2009 - 12:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 25,913 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 30 January 2009 - 09:52 PM

How to Switch between hiragana and katakana in Japanese text
applies to: Microsoft Office Word 2003

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown

Posted Image

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 HawaiianStyle

HawaiianStyle
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:37 PM

Posted 20 February 2009 - 07:33 PM

It still doesn't work. It comes out as question marks. I've tried this on various computers and I'm still getting this problem.

#4 brad12

brad12

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:37 AM

Posted 29 October 2010 - 11:40 PM

actually I am also working on the Japanese website and have same problem, I am unable to show the japanese character on browser is any suggestion help???

#5 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 60,047 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:37 AM

Posted 30 October 2010 - 09:01 PM

Hello, I am just making a suggestion..
Global IME works on any computer running on Windows XP, Windows 2000, Windows Millennium, Windows 98, or Windows NT 4.0 with SP 6 or later, with Internet Explorer 5.01 or greater. The only other piece of software you need is the Language Pack for the language that you want to write, which you can get when you download Global IME for Office XP.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?
Staying Updated Calendar of Updates.
For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook Have you seen..Select Real Security

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users