Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

My volume control is gone!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 05:40 PM

Hi I'm new here! :thumbsup:

I'm using Windows XP Professional. I was trying to delete junk files that I never use off my computer and in the search folder it had (all files and folders) and I deleted wavs, mp4s, MIDIs, etc. Now I go to watch a video and turn my speakers on and no sound comes out! I went to volume control and it says "There are no active mixer devices available." Anyone know what to do? I tried doing what the disk manager thing said but it didn't work! Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Edit to add: I think I deleted the driver. I go to hardware and audio isn't listed!

Edited by CarrieC, 21 January 2009 - 06:05 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 06:46 PM

When I've tried to reinstall the volume control (which didn't work) it says "found new hardware" and keeps popping up with the HP Photosmart Series. This is already installed. How do I make that stop?

#3 caperdog

caperdog

• BC Advisor
  • 953 posts
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 07:56 PM

are you sure the printer is installed? if you have the drivers then reinstall it
as for the audio what make of sound card or audio controller do you have ?

#4 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 21 January 2009 - 10:26 PM

are you sure the printer is installed? if you have the drivers then reinstall it
as for the audio what make of sound card or audio controller do you have ?

The printer hasn't been installed yet. I had a bunch of spyware so my brother wiped out the computer and he installed everything but the printer for some reason. I just now realized that's what the Photosmart thing is! I didn't know that was the printer! lol

The sound thing is called C-Media AC97 Audio Device. It has a yellow triangle with an exclamation point by it when I go to the device manager.

Also, I saw on another website that I could install a C-Media drive thing online so I go to install it and it looks like it's going to install but then says "please plug in soundcard" or something..But everything is plugged in. And I'm lost at what all those cords and things back there are! I don't know which one is for the volume but I tried to unplug several and plug them back in but no luck! Sorry if this is confusing!

#5 Guest_CarrieC_*

Guest_CarrieC_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 22 January 2009 - 08:04 PM

My brother fixed it today. I should have told him to start posting here! LOL Thanks anyway guys! :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users