Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

PartitionMagic 8.0 and XP Home SP3

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 jtcdds

jtcdds

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 08:29 PM

Has anyone used PartitionMagic 8.0 to partition a HD with XP Home (sp3) installed? I was about to do this until I read a post of someone who had boot problems after doing it. I think he said the boot files got messed up but it the problem did not always occur. That is, sometimes when he partitioned, he had no problems and sometimes he did. I was all set to partition my new 320 GB HD until I read that, now I have cold feet.

Edit: Moved topic from XP to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 42,921 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:40 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:35 PM

I've (XP Home, SP3) used PM 8.0 for several years, ever since it first appeared.

FWIW: There is nothing guaranteed about any event...when dealing with a sophisticated computer system, the operating system, or hardware/software employed.

There are persons/users who have boot problems with XP...when attempting to install it, dual-boot, repair, etc.

Sometimes things go wrong, more often they go right.

If a person used PM 8.0 and his/her boot files became damaged/corrupted...it may have been due to the program. But files of all sorts (Windows, programs, data) become corrupted/damaged every day...we cannot say definitively what causes this damage.

Louis

Edited by hamluis, 06 December 2008 - 09:35 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users