Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

40gb donwload limit, what does this mean?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 nadey_xxx

nadey_xxx

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:25 AM

Hey, i have just signed up to a different internet provider and in my contract is say's i have a 40gb download limit, what does this mean? Is it for every album/film/game i download? Or every page i visit?

Thanks in advance :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xblindx

xblindx

• Banned
  • 1,923 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 09:28 AM

It is, from what I understand, how much bandwidth you can use per month I'm guessing. So if you visit a page that is, say, 1mb in size, that takes away 1mb of you 40gb limit. Same goes for downloading. Using the web for surfing doesn't take much resources at all (I don't know exactly the average size per page), neither does gaming, so you should be find depending on how much you download/use the web.

#3 Mr-Bee19

Mr-Bee19

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:16 AM

Posted 06 December 2008 - 10:59 PM

You have 40Gb download limit. Meaning if you downloaded a movie that was 2GB, you have 38GB left for the month. If you go over, your ISP will more than likely charge you.

Web pages are like peanuts. Same with music. I can't imagine somebody downloading 60GB worth of music a month. You will rack up your usage by downloading movies and such..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users