Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

no backlight on hp laptop

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 shagger

shagger

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:51 AM

Posted 15 November 2008 - 09:02 PM

I have a hp dv-8000 laptop. The backlight does not work. Had someone look at it and had the lcd inverter board replaced. It still does not light up. Works on external monitor and the screen shows info but to see it you need a flashlight. The person who looked at it would not give me information about the bulbs. The sticker on the old inverter board says pk070005-a1a 5br 03112, date code 7j05c4. The plastic case it came in says 818# and the bar code says 081800000305. I heard from the inverter information you will be able to know what bulb or bulbs you would need from screen. Does this need 2 bulbs? I need a website and part numbers for the bulbs. What would shops charge me to replace the bulb versus replacing screens? If there is not much difference is there a good website to find that. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users