Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How can I remove Ascentive Permormance Center

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 jfputter

jfputter

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 02:22 PM

I have downloaded a program called Ascentive Performance Center which is supposed to scan for various problems , fix them and speed up your computer. I do not want this program and now I can't remove it. I have used control panel for add and remove software but I get an error message that it can't be removed and it comes from SETUP.EXE. Has anyone out there experienced this before and have a solution.[topic="Ascentive Permormance Center"]Ascentive Permormance Center[/topic]

Edited by garmanma, 22 October 2008 - 05:33 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,448 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 04:17 PM

How did you find this program? Based on a Google search, it almost seems like malware though they do have a website. Several users have the same problem trying to remove it.

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:32 AM

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:41 PM

I have to agree with frankp316, everything points to malware. They are not a reputable company
I'm moving you to the Am I Infected forum
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 misaac

misaac

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 AM

Posted 16 November 2008 - 03:21 PM

Does anyone know how to remove this? It is driving me nuts. Not even sure how it showed up on my computer!

#5 danoxldd

danoxldd

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:32 AM

Posted 05 June 2010 - 03:53 PM

I have downloaded a program called Ascentive Performance Center which is supposed to scan for various problems , fix them and speed up your computer. I do not want this program and now I can't remove it. I have used control panel for add and remove software but I get an error message that it can't be removed and it comes from SETUP.EXE. Has anyone out there experienced this before and have a solution.[topic="Ascentive Permormance Center"]Ascentive Permormance Center[/topic]

------- I know it's been a couple years since you posted this problem,so i'm just gonna add this link that helped me remove the virus-malware(APCmain),because some solutions here didn't help me.---so here's a link for anybody with the (Ascentive Performance Center) that just won't go away.- http://www.iobit.com/exedll/apcmain-exe.html .....IObit Security 360 is amazing and umma gonna keep it and it's FREE!.......and your welcome in advance....danoxldd :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users