Though this doesn't sound like a typical hijacking, I still want to rule out malware as the cause.Download and Run OTScanIt
by OldTimer to your Desktop and double-click on it to extract the files. It will create a folder named OTScanIt2
on your desktop.
- Open the OTScanIt2 folder and double-click on OTScanIt2.exe to start the program. If you are running on Vista then right-click the program and choose Run as Administrator.
- Check the "Scan all users" box.
- Under the Additional Scans bar, click "Extras". Do not change any other settings.
- Now click the Run Scan button on the toolbar.
- When the scan is complete Notepad will open with the report file loaded in it.
- Click the Format menu and make sure that Wordwrap is not checked. If it is then click on it to uncheck it.
- Close Notepad (saving the change if necessary).
- Use the Add Reply button in the forum and Attach the scan back here (do not copy/paste it as it will be too big to fit into the post). It will be located in the OTScanIt2 folder and named OTScanIt.txt.
Start a new topic in the Malware Removal forum
and attach the log to that topic. Do not attach the log to this topic.
Post a link to the newly created topic here. I'll analyse the log when it's posted.
Edited by PropagandaPanda, 04 November 2008 - 07:50 PM.