Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Veoh TV / Web Player Beta Question?.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 bluesjunior

bluesjunior

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 07:50 AM

I have used Veoh TV to download for a while now but the other day downloaded the new Veoh Web Player Beta as well. When I download now it is the Web Player that does it not Veoh TV as it was previously. My question is do I need both these programs installed. If I uninstall Veoh TV will the Web Player still work or do I need Veoh TV in order for the Web Player to work?.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 PM

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:36 AM

The only way to know for sure is to try it and find out.
Keep in mind that a Beta version is not a final release and will still contain some bugs in it
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 10:37 AM

I think the player is part of Veoh TV but the download/upload ability isn't part of the standalone player. I haven't downloaded or uploaded anything from Veoh lately so I'm not sure if they've changed it recently. But I only have Veoh TV and not the player you're talking about. Why don't you check their FAQs for clues? It could be the same product under a different name.

#4 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 01:20 PM

The Veoh Web Player is a new release from them from about two weeks ago which is the reason for my query. I looked through there FAQ but no mention of it there. I will try and post the question there as well. Thanks for the replies.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA770T-UD3, CPU: AMD Athlon II X3 450 Processor, Memory: OCZ 4GB (2x2GB) DDR3 1333MHz,Graphics: PowerColor HD 5750 1GB GDDR5,
PSU: Corsair 430W CX PSU 4x SATA 1x PCI-E, Hard Drive:Samsung SpinPoint F3 500GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache.

#5 frankp316

frankp316

• Members
  • 2,375 posts
  •  

Posted 21 October 2008 - 06:07 PM

This from the Veoh blog tells the story. When you watch a long video on the Veoh website, it shows a five minute preview and produces a button that opens the Veoh Player so you can watch the whole video. This new player is web based and eliminates the five minute preview. I can see a use for both products because with the original Veoh player, you can search multiple video sites and watch videos in full screen. This looks like it might be designed to only be used on the Veoh site but I'm not sure about that. I don't think this web player includes upload capability either.

http://blog.veoh.com/blog/?p=116

#6 bluesjunior

bluesjunior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 736 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2008 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for that Frankp316.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users