Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Bioshock Installation Problems

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Musicinmysoul

Musicinmysoul

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 04:43 PM

Hi there, I'm having an issue installing Bioshock. I'm using Windows Vista. It gets an error in the middle of installation saying:

"Feature: Disc<1>
Component: <Disc1>Disc 1 Files(1)
File: C:Program Files/InstallShield Installation Information\{E280923D-C5D9-4728-8C79-AC9A0DC75875}\
Error: The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable."

I talked to the guys at 2K Games and they seem unable to help me. They mentioned something about InstallShield Installation Information being corrupt though, and it appears that they're right because I can't even open that folder. Help?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Sterling14

Sterling14

• Members
  • 1,841 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:13 PM

Maybe you should try installing something else to see if installshield wizard is really having problems. If not, I would say your disc is damaged.
"I think there is a world market for maybe five computers." - Thomas Watson, Chairman of IBM, 1943

#3 Musicinmysoul

Musicinmysoul
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 07 October 2008 - 06:15 PM

I've installed Warcraft III and War of the Ring on the same computer and they both work and play fine...I've actually bought 2 copies of Bioshock and I get the same error with both.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users